Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carlos

The engine I am making will be CDoom

The engine I am making is based on fusion-MBF source code, with a fly code, will have 3d floors(line type 281 and 400), will have true 3d gameplay and mus player library v1.80 by Vladimir Arnost, almost 100% equal original music from dos doom2.exe original. If someone can help me in my doubts, I thank very much.

carlos said:

If someone can help me in my doubts, I thank very much.

Err, what doubts? :)

The MUS playing part would be interseting... no one ever did that and it would be neat to see that implemented. I'm not sure about the rest though, other engines already do those things, and in my opinion they don't seem to be stuff MBF was made for. Plus, MBF is for DOS... are those features even possible (at least usable, I mean) in a DOOM source-based engine on that OS? Legacy and EDGE run really slow on software when true 3D stuff is present unless you've got a very powerful computer...

Well, I will say that everything apart from MUS playing and maybe the Fusion features (I don't really know anything about that port, especially what it adds) is or will be part of the MBF/SMMU based Eternity, including 3D floors.

Yeah good luck with that true 3D... I know most who have tried have failed and quit, frustrated.

Just gotta tell you, maybe in year 2017 you will have q3 graphics.
Taken ages to get Jdoom so beautiful. so prepare for a hell of coding, why dont you join doomsday dev team? then you could add 3d floors to it, and anything else thats neat

AFAIK Doomsday's dev "team" is one guy, who pretty much refuses to let anyone else's code anywhere near his engine.

NiGHTMARE said:

AFAIK Doomsday's dev "team" is one guy, who pretty much refuses to let anyone else's code anywhere near his engine.

an other guy has joined the team, I dont like skyjake very much. he seems bit weird and never replies to any emails i send him, not even if it could interest him.
But maybe somone could use the jdoom engine and then develope it offside doomsday because skyjake does not own doomsday any, not even a bit.