Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

Holy crap, the imp-sex history books are WRONG.

I was talking to Doomboy on AIM and he reminded me of an old forum user TheHighestTree... I suddenly remembered that it was HE that had the originally widespread imp-sex avatar reference, and this was long before Taylor's fanfic! TheHighestTree had the Doomguy standing behind a slightly forward-bent imp with "I <3 U" written down the right side of the image. This hasn't been commonly recognized as part of imp-sex history by anyone that I know of.

Of course, even before that there was the old joke about the imp's clearly visible fuckhole once you kill it... can anyone provide me with the FIRST occurence of that quote with a timestamp and perhaps even the month/day/year? I want to write an official imp-sex history piece for impse.cx. Hopefully they'd even accept it and put it up as something like "the history of imp sexuality."

- (Would like to know for this when id first designed the imp's concept work. Anybody know who to ask?)
- 1993: Doom's imp is publically revealed
- 19xx: (Imp-fuckhole quote here)
- 19xx (please supply year of TheHighestTree's first post): Dashiva, in the form of "TheHighestTree," unleashes imp-sex reference avatar.
- 200x: Taylor's imp-sex fanfic
- 200x: IMPSE.CX jokes and eventual registration of domain IMPSE.CX.

I need dates and not just the years if possible, please.

Once this time--line is relatively complete it would be cool if it could be made sticky and closed and stay in the forums as a TRUE imp-sex reference.

Please pitch in!

EDIT: I do believe Planet of the Imps had some imp-sex references, but I don't know when that started or when those particular references were made.

No, not even close. I never was big on it, but right now I wanna make sure the record is set straight.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

For impse, no, simply because we never did take it seriously anyway.

Impse is the devil and you will be sent to Hell for posting about it.

sargebaldy said:

for the record, 'thehighesttree' is dashiva. this is truly intriguing history though.

Thank you. That will be edited into the initial post as soon as possible...

Anything else? Can anyone fill in the blanks/vagueness on my time--line?

1. Who cares?
2. Since when has TheHighestTree been Dashiva?
3. Wasn't the avatar around before him?

the_Danarchist said:

1. Who cares?
3. Wasn't the avatar around before him?

OK, we'll wait for more people to come in and clear this up...

the_Danarchist said:

heh, i didn't know i was the only one who knew that. when i first got on IRC, 'thehighesttree' wanted me to join his project. he showed me his maps and stuff, and then i didn't see him for about 6 months or more. then dashiva popped up showing screenshots of his new wad, which happened to be the same one i tested earlier. so i guess that's another name everyone can tack onto their 'big long list of dashiva aliases'.

Oh, I'm firmly convinced that fully half this board is Dash. How do we know YOU'RE not Dash, mmm? HMM?! :o

I wish you luck with this important research.

I'm not too sure how you might pin down the exact date that Imp Encounter first appeared, but Taylor's registration date and the first non-deleted reference to the fanfic in these forums should narrow it down quite well.

Once you have some answers, remember to add an entry for impse in Urban Dictionary.

auxois said:

Oh, I'm firmly convinced that fully half this board is Dash. How do we know YOU'RE not Dash, mmm? HMM?! :o

the funny thing about that statement is, we're both dash. and now we're responding to one another. crazy ass shit.

Grazza said:

I'm not too sure how you might pin down the exact date that Imp Encounter first appeared, but Taylor's registration date and the first non-deleted reference to the fanfic in these forums should narrow it down quite well.

Hmm, you know, I hadn't actually gone into figuring out what kind of ways I might actually do the research aside from asking everyone what they know, but that little bit of a lead there should do plenty for me... But not tonight.

The first Member I remember to see using that avatar (always thought it was a retarded avatar anyway) was Dark Fox.

dsm said:

The first Member I remember to see using that avatar (always thought it was a retarded avatar anyway) was Dark Fox.

What are you talking about? That's my favorite of all the default avatars...except mine of course.

Screw Earth; let's conquer Mars! I hear it should be more of a challenge than this dump.

I saw the imp sex "avatar" you talk of in a doom wad several years before it became an avatar in the forums. I cant remember the name, though.

fraggle said:

I saw the imp sex "avatar" you talk of in a doom wad several years before it became an avatar in the forums. I cant remember the name, though.

Oy, with leads like this, this could take years...

That's a funny thread, how come there aren't funny threads like that anymore?

Yes indeed, just like crap PWADs are somehow "funny", so are all the crap posts of Doomworld.

Well, actually, some of the Post Hell posts are actually funny. I was being sarcastic about the PWADs though.