Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Galaxy_Stranger

About CTF -

Howdy.

I'm making an extensive mod for ZDoom, and I've just recently gotten Skulltag. What are the ultimate goals of Skulltag? I'd like to know what sets Skulltag apart from ZDoom. Also, since CTF is supposed to be possible because of the ACS scripting, how do you pull that off?

Galaxy_Stranger said:

Howdy.

I'm making an extensive mod for ZDoom, and I've just recently gotten Skulltag. What are the ultimate goals of Skulltag? I'd like to know what sets Skulltag apart from ZDoom. Also, since CTF is supposed to be possible because of the ACS scripting, how do you pull that off?

Hey, what's up Stranger!

Anyway, to answer your questions...

The ultimate goals of Skulltag are to become a multiplayer port with a wide variety of teamgame options (CTF, ST, etc), and bots. It also includes new weapons, monsters, levels, items, and a whole slew of other things. Skulltag is basically Doom 2, brought to the next level!

Skulltag is based off ZDoom, but differs from it in that a whole shitload of new stuff has been added.

As for doing CTF, hopefully this thread will be able to help.

Anyway, hopefully I've answered all your questions, but feel free to ask if you have any more!

Galaxy_Stranger said:

I'm going through the link and acs file - Can a cap the flag game of SOME kind be created with ACS and vanilla ZDoom?

Maybe, but why would you want to? Skulltag is based on ZDoom v2.0.47 anyway (well, at least 95b is!), plus it already has flag sprites, etc., and way better handling.