Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sargebaldy

skies in boom

Nope, but MBF has a feature that allows you to set a flat (any, I think) as sky for a sector. But that's MBF and its offspring; Boom itself is stuck with just three skies for DOOM II.

actually mbf's extra sky feature works similar to the deep water thing. essentially set a linedef tagged to a sector with F_SKY as the ceiling/floor and the middle texture on that linedef will be used as the sky texture of the sector with the proper tag.

but yeah, boom doesn't have that

Cyb said:

actually mbf's extra sky feature works similar to the deep water thing. essentially set a linedef tagged to a sector with F_SKY as the ceiling/floor and the middle texture on that linedef will be used as the sky texture of the sector with the proper tag.

but yeah, boom doesn't have that

Not the middle texture, the upper texture is used for the sky!
Interestingly this is probably the least used feature of any source port I have seen so far. Aside from MBF it is currently supported by ZDoom, PrBoom and Eternity so you get all Boom compatible ports except Legacy (which, as everybody knows, has some other compatibility issues...)

hmm, well i guess i can just make the effect work in those ports than at least, and it can just look like E3 sky in anything else.