Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KingAdamX

Freddy vs Jason

Grazza said:

Note that there has been some previous discussion.

Those are both about the concept rather than the actual film though.

Anyway, I haven't seen Freddy vs. Jason yet. Is it one of those films that's so bad it's good (e.g. Jason X) or just plain bad (like most other Friday 13th and Nightmare sequels)?

BTW, this will most likely be the worst film ever made.

We tried to go see it twice. First time it was sold out and we settled for SWAT instead, and second time we missed the showing by 20 minutes.

By "we" I mean Cyb, Ling, and I.

Hoping third time's the charm. :P

saw it friday with dingus khan. it was just as good as i expected. of course it's stupid. that's part of the charm. oh, but the preview for the texas chainsaw massacre remake makes me dread the release of that movie. it looks a lot like they fucked it totally. hope not.

Slasher movies are crap anyway - minimal plot, just lots of pointless killing.

dsm said:

Slasher movies are crap anyway - minimal plot, just lots of pointless killing.

is this not a doom messageboard?

Liam the Bard said:

Doom is a video game. What's fun to play is not necessarily fun to sit and watch.

Liam the Bard said:

/me takes cover and waits to dsm to have a full-scale rant about how Doom has the best plot of any game ever.

*SPOILERS*

I thought it was a great movie. I just wish there would have been more of freddy and jason fighting. I felt when jason was in nightmare world it was a bit unfair. oh well. still a great movie. I thought the plot was great. I mean...when the actors say things like (paraphrasing) "Freddy must be using Jason to make people remember him in order to gain strength and kill again!" because I know that's what i'd think after just finding out the names of both killers. *rolls eyes*. the silliness is what made it cool though. Great movie.

Epyo said:

The ending is stupid. Stupid stupid stupid.

What's the ending? I don't want to see the movie because it looks dumb (although the original Nightmare on Elm Streets were good, up until about movie 7032), but I want to know the stupidness. =P

Ok, the plot sucks, the way they portray the characters as having weaknesses is contradictory to the previous movies, the characters understand what's going on far too quickly, but what do you really expect. T&A, the cheesiness... that's part of what the prior films had, and this movie wouldn't be the same without it. If you ask me, though, even with it's faults this movie is still better than the later movies from either series.

But if there is any reason that you should watch the movie, it's to see these two guys duke it out. Jason is much stronger than he was in the previous films, and Freddy is much more agile, and watching them fight one another is easily worth the price of admission. The ending could have been better... but what did you expect to happen, really?

Basically, if you thing that this movie is going to be good, then I'm sorry, but you deserve to be disappointed. None of the films were 'good', they were all goofy slasher flicks, but that's why I and many other people like them. You have to realize that the film isn't going to be some amazing bit of cinematography, and it's not going to be a clever horror movie like some of the ones that are coming out recently. You have to realize that this movie falls in line with what the previous movies were like... if you enjoyed them then you'll enjoy this, if you disliked them, then you're stupid for thinking this would be much different.

I haven't liked any of the recent-ish "clever" horror movies anyway. If by "clever" you mean movies like The Ring and Blair Witch Project.

But I enjoyed Freddy Vs. Jason quite a bit.

T&A, gratuitous blood and violence, goofy macabre humor, and of course the slasher monster title fight itself--a confrontation for which I've been waiting 10+ years.

Draconio said:

Doom is a video game. What's fun to play is not necessarily fun to sit and watch.

The demo obsessives would strongly disagree with you here :)

Yeah, I'd love to see 16:17, hell, even a marathon run of Plutonia or whatever in the cinema.

Weren't there some plans for a Batman vs Superman movie a while ago?
That would rule!

not!!!!

The closest they came was that cartoon a couple of years ago (World's Strongest was it?), which was a good one.

I dont have the patients to watch movies anymore, eversince I smacked myself up on my dirtbike my head aint quite right I start freakin out if i gotta sit for more then an hour I havent been able to finnish a whole movie in over a year now.

Tyockell said:

I dont have the patients to watch movies anymore...

Sorry to hear your practice is in the hole. :(

m0l0t0v said:

not!!!!

Batman vs. Superman film = teh suck. Batman vs. Superman comic = teh 0wn.

the_Danarchist said:

Sorry to hear your practice is in the hole. :(

Yeah, sounds like the only TV he has was in the surgery.

Draconio said:

Yea, but I sooo wouldn't mind a movie that was 100% action, and gore. Lovey-dovey story lines ruined Pearl Harbour for God's sake.
I guess that a movie needs a story line but in some cases love fucks up the enjoyment.

DARKNATION v.s REoL - The Post

Ok, the forum sucks, the way they portray the characters as having testicles is contradictory to the previous posts, no one has a clue what the fuck is going on, but what do you really expect. T&A (mostly darknation's), the cheesy put-downs... that's part of what the prior posts had, and this post wouldn't be the same without it. If you ask me, though, even with it's faults this post is still better than the later posts from newdoom / doomcenter.

But if there is any reason that you should read the post, it's to see these two guys duke it out in Post Hell. REoL is much more retarded than he was in his previous posts, and darknation is much more witty, and watching them fight one another is easily worth all that signing in shit. The ending could have been better... but what did you expect to happen, really? (both get banned)

Basically, if you thing that this post is going to be good, then I'm sorry, but you deserve to be disappointed. None of the posts were 'coherrant', they were all atomic flamewars, but that's why I and many other people like them. You have to realize that the post isn't going to be some amazing bit of prose, and it's not going to be a clever troll like some of the ones that are coming out recently. You have to realize that this post falls in line with what the previous posts were like... if you enjoyed them then you're mentally incompetant, if you disliked them, then you fail it.

Also, if you, spray punctuation at post, with, a machine gun, your paragraphs become, very readable indeed.

darknation said:
Also, if you, spray punctuation at post, with, a machine gun, your paragraphs become, very readable indeed.

Heh, sorry, my punctuation gun was broken that day, it just kept shooting.

You don't go into a movie like this expecting oscar winning scripts or plot. Like Arioch said, this is just one of those "fun" movies you go see. No expectations to be let down or anything. But If I had had my way, I'd have turned the movie into an all out brawl of Monster Mayhem. Appearances by Michael Meyers, The Thing, The Blob, Leatherface, all in a bloody battle royal to the death.

Hey... what happens when the Thing fights the Blob? One simply absorbs organic tissue, the other can transform itself into whatever it comes in contact with?

pregnant with worms said:

saw it friday with dingus khan. it was just as good as i expected. of course it's stupid. that's part of the charm. oh, but the preview for the texas chainsaw massacre remake makes me dread the release of that movie. it looks a lot like they fucked it totally. hope not.

there have been many remakes of that movie. saw one that made absolutly no sence at all. worst movie i had ever seen. the plot always changed, acting was horrid, death sence a bit wierd and with that oh so fake look. however i guess that may appeal to people to just see a movie that is plain awful