Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

The /newstuff Chronicles #142

... get and play Pacman Doom, MAP01-Style and level E1M3 ("No Quarter") of Doomed Once More.

Disclaimer: that's just my opinion, of course...

Schneelocke said:

What about replacement wads for a complete Ultimate Doom episode?

We call those Episodes :p

Epyo said:

We call those Episodes :p

*g* OK, point taken. Still... if someone referred to one of those as a megawad, would it be justified to correct them or not? :)

Mr. NobodX said:

School start in a few weeks...

You silly, when I said ALL I meant the best I've done when playing through the whole wad. I didn't get all those sweet times all in one playthrough.

Schneelocke said:

*g* OK, point taken. Still... if someone referred to one of those as a megawad, would it be justified to correct them or not? :)

I think an Ultimate Doom PWAD is considered a megawad if it replaces three episodes. It might only require two, but I'll say three to be on the safe side.

9 maps times 2 episodes equals 18 maps, which is more than 15. So yeah I think 2 episodes would be a megawad.

Hey Archie, I played your level it was sweet especially the gameplay. But I think you got a bit lazy in some places, especially with the lighting :)

Next, I'm gonna play that one Tim Williams wad with 3d bridges, cause I love 3d bridges lolz.

Epyo said:

Hey Archie, I played your level it was sweet especially the gameplay. But I think you got a bit lazy in some places, especially with the lighting :)

Hah, yeah I did. I know on E1M4 I just sort of stopped caring. And on E1M5 I don't think I did any at all ^_^

Did you find the secret level?

so is the level 'oxbow' named after the band? that would be pretty spiffy.

Archvile46 said:

Hah, yeah I did. I know on E1M4 I just sort of stopped caring. And on E1M5 I don't think I did any at all ^_^

Did you find the secret level?

Oh are there multiple levels? Oops I gotta go play more then.

Side note: Why are there so few levels in Pac-man Doom?

Answer: Heh, funny story really. I told Black Void I'd do another wad with him and we'd join up on September 1st. Then I forgot all about it. Then after 2 levels of Pacman, I remembered it, and finished up the wad to send it in. I still haven't started on that wad hahahhaa.

Side note 2: I hope everybody had as much fun playing Pacman as I had making it. Really, it was fun to make.

Epyo said:

Side note 2: I hope everybody had as much fun playing Pacman as I had making it. Really, it was fun to make.

It was very orignal, I just wish there were more levels, like 7-10. :)

Just played pacman doom. It rocks. Good work Epyo :D, This definately needs more levels....and a better surprise if you beat par time :P

Ichor said:

DooMBoy - Whatever happened to that cathedral map of yours? I thought it would have been reviewed by now.

Well Ichor my friend, that level has been lost due to a hard drive format as of yesterday. I did, however, send you the zip as I recall, so maybe you could do some uploading for me.

Assuming I still have it (and I probably do), I'll just send it back to you before it's loaded. I don't know whether this was the final version or if you wanted to make some last minute adjustments (bug fixes, minor item placement tweaks, etc.).

mewse said:
Pac-Man Doom by Epyo
630kb - ZDoom 2.0 - SP - (img) (img) (img)
This is a really neat little mod. There are three maps shaped like Pac-Man mazes, and your task is to collect all the pellets. When you hit a power pellet, you gain God mode and access to all the Doom weapons for a certain amount of time, to allow you to take out the ghosts. This is a very original twist on a classic game, and it's a lot of fun to play through. The play tips at the bottom of the text file are recommended reading before playing. How do you pronounce Epyo anyways?
[/B]

if people liked this, I suggest they check out bomberman doom mod by gokuma. It may be for legacy I dunno, but it was for legacy 4-5 years ago or something like that, so you may not have heard of it. I tracked it down to http://geocities.com/shingokuma/doom/bomb92.txt , .zip .

Five points for anyone that remembers polution or smallfun2, too.

NiGHTMARE said:

There also a Minesweeper style bonus level included with Eternal Doom.

Hee, Cybersweeper.

There is this one wad in the archives where look down at a game board of snake. The snake is a bunch of that one blue metal circle floor and the apples are red metal circle floors.