Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Tran

CTFDoom? A

Anyone know how to play CTF Doom on Doom Legacy? I really want to play CTF Doom online. I just got CTF Doom from an international site yesterday and I hope you guys would be interested in CTF for doom.

Well, I would say to try the Legacy forum over at Newdoom, but you've most likely already been banned from there just by posting here.

Sorry, they're seperate ports, meaning you can't run them together (it'd be like trying to run Quake with Half-Life or something ;) ).

Of course you could take the source code for both (if it's even available, I dunno) and merge them together, but that would take both a great deal of programming knowledge and skill, and a hefty amount of time.

Actually, CTF for Legacy is possible; I have it up and running pretty much perfectly. All that's left are some maps...

Rellik: Instead of letting the engine pick up the items, I do the collision detection inside the script using pointtodist(); and a simple Z check. That way I can keep track which player has the flag. All in all the scripts takes up 20Kb, which includes a HUD score counter, some comments about how to use the script (most map-specific things are put in const parameters) and some disfunctional "spectator" stuff.

Cool, Kaiser's working on CTF scripting too. Maybe you should get in touch with him so you guys can work on buttoning it up. I wouldn't mind taking a look at the scripting. Did you ever see that unholy mess of a CTF script I wrote a while back?