Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beezee88

Join Arnie!

I wonder what'll happen if he's in an important meeting and he has forgotten something. If he walks out of the room, will he say 'I'll be back'?

He'll make damned sure he forgets stuff, just so he can say it every few minutes.

Anyway, why not Arnie?

I haven't decided yet if Arnold running for governor is a good thing.
On the one hand I think this will bring politics under the attention of the general public. If more people show up to vote and discuss about how the state should be run, that's a good thing.

On the other hand I guestion the political experience and abilities of Arnold.

I can just imagine an assassination attempt on him.

Picture this: he's making a speech outside the governor's office, then a van of ex-special ops terrorists drives up and one of them takes out a LAW and shoots it into the building behind him. His bodygaurd starts screaming and wets his pants. Arnold grabs his shoulder and yells "Come with me if you want to live! Everbody! Get to the choppa! The choppa!"

I'm pretty sure that's only presidents.

In a sense, I view that as making Arnie's bid to be governor more credible - he actually wants to serve as governor, rather than it just being a stepping-stone to a bid for the presidency.

the_Danarchist said:

Picture this: he's making a speech outside the governor's office, then a van of ex-special ops terrorists drives up and one of them takes out a LAW and shoots it into the building behind him. His bodygaurd starts screaming and wets his pants. Arnold grabs his shoulder and yells "Come with me if you want to live! Everbody! Get to the choppa! The choppa!"

Before or after he whops terrorists' asses?

One thing Arnie has going for him is his contacts. I forget that one guy who is backing Arnie up, but apparently he's one of the more intelligent fiscal-conservative/social-liberal types out there. Arnie himself is FC/SL, which is cool by me.

This is Arnie we're talking about. He'd do it at the same time.

Heh, I really think Arnie would do a good job. He sounds really sincere that he wants to make a difference. I'd vote for him, and I'm a Democrat. I mean, his last major political involvement was working on getting after-school programs for kids. I mean, come on, how can you say no to a guy like that?

Disorder said:

I If he walks out of the room, will he say 'I'll be back'?

At age 55 he is more likely to say "Argggh my back!" :P

Fredrik said:

Before. That's just the opening scene. :P

(third post ening with :P in a row!)

He could be the first governor who always wears shades when doing everything (including press conferences). And he could say 'Chill out dickwad' when someone boos him etc.

(btw, that was only the second post ending with :P - this is the third)

:P

Arno said:

I haven't decided yet if Arnold running for governor is a good thing.
On the one hand I think this will bring politics under the attention of the general public. If more people show up to vote and discuss about how the state should be run, that's a good thing.

On the other hand I guestion the political experience and abilities of Arnold.

I question the political abilities of Bush and friends and I also question the political abilities of my government. Compared with them, I'd rather have Arnie. :p

fodders said:

At age 55 he is more likely to say "Argggh my back!" :P

Fod, I almost died laughing. Please stop being funny, it's killing me :P

I'm distantly related to Arnie. My mom is related to his wife. They were both Shrivers.

Cousin Arnie. :P

Ravage said:

I'm distantly related to Arnie. My mom is related to his wife. They were both Shrivers.

So does that make you like <takes a hit> a Kennedy?

The Ultimate DooMer said:

(btw, that was only the second post ending with :P - this is the third)

:P

Actualy I meant 3rd post of mine, but it looks like I started something. :P

Heh, no way should he win. Right now he's clearly going on name recognition and doesn't know jack. If you were to hold a debate right now, he'd probably fail it. It looks like his advisors are busy cramming all this politics crap into his head, so when he's done memorizing it, then he'll do debates.

Unfortunently, he'll probably win.

Grimm said:

Heh, no way should he win. Right now he's clearly going on name recognition and doesn't know jack. If you were to hold a debate right now, he'd probably fail it. It looks like his advisors are busy cramming all this politics crap into his head, so when he's done memorizing it, then he'll do debates.

Unfortunently, he'll probably win.

Well, Bush won.

It's either Arnold or Gary Coleman...Gary is cool and all...but he hasnt been a robotic death machine, he hasnt killed an alien, he hasnt killed the devil, he hasnt taught kindergarten, and he hasnt been Conan the Barbarian. 'Nuff said.

the_Danarchist said:

So does that make you like <takes a hit> a Kennedy?

Actually no; an Allison. :P

Grazza said:

I'm pretty sure that's only presidents.

Maybe Bush will change that part of the constitution to allow Arnold to become the republican presidential candidate for 2008.

This reminds me of this lil piccy (and no i'm not telling anyone to shutup)

Can't quite recognise this a joke anymore.

Grimm said:

Right now he's clearly going on name recognition and doesn't know jack. If you were to hold a debate right now, he'd probably fail it.

Since when do politicians know anything about politics?

Disorder said:

These two movies suddenly have a different meaning :)

You forgot Collateral Damage...

the_Danarchist said:

Well, Bush won.

What? Bush didn't win. He won the electoral college. He didn't win the popular vote. Why do we even have an electoral college? It doesn't make any sense. OUR COUNTRY IS SO SCREWED UP!

geekmarine said:

Why do we even have an electoral college? It doesn't make any sense. OUR COUNTRY IS SO SCREWED UP!

There are two primary reasons the Founders chose to select presidents via the electoral college instead of by direct, popular voting. The first reason was their lack of trust in the judgment of the people. They were fearful that a well-spoken but not well-intentioned individual could flatter the people and win their support. They hoped that a secondary body, such as the Electoral College, would not be susceptible to such attempts at manipulation.

The second reason for choosing presidents by electoral votes instead of by popular vote is to give the states a voice in the presidential election. The principle of federalism was and is a critical feature of the American political system. By placing states in this important position in the selection of the country's leader, the Framers sought to maintain the position of states as important entities in the American political system.

http://www.thisnation.com/question/051.html

Wow, that was kick ass, fodders. Good for you.

I think a pseudo-electoral college should still be kept around for reason number 1. After all, Arnorld Schari-whatever is running for Governor of California. Isn't that a testament to the necessity of the Electorial College right there? :)

Heh, it wouldn't surprise me if Bush did that.

Grimm said:

After all, Arnorld Schari-whatever is running for Governor of California. Isn't that a testament to the necessity of the Electorial College right there? :)

If Arnold really turns out to be incapable of doing a governors job, then the adequate way of removing him from office is new elections.

I don't think it's a good idea for an Electoral College to put the voting results aside and pick a candidate who would have otherwise lost. Many people would call this undemocratic.

Heh, the purpose would be to prevent someone incapable of holding office from getting and FUBARing everything.