Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geekmarine

Chaingunner WIP

Heh, okay, now, I don't want to be "officially" assigned to the chaingunner or anything, because I'm not sure if I'll ever finish this, but I've been playing around with creating one based on the player sprite. So far, all I've accomplished is replacing his green uniform with dark gray and making his visor black. I want to further "zombify" him, and make a new death sequence if possible, which is what's holding me back, because I don't know if I'll be able to do all that. Anyways, here's a link to see what he currently looks like. http://www.geocities.com/great_wise_yoda/cpos.htm It's not much, like I said, just a recolored version of the player sprite, but it's a start. Comments, suggestions, volunteers for assistance (I've got all of the frames recolored if anyone would be kind enough to help out), etc., are all welcome.

Alright, I quit. Do with this as you'd like. I started to work on the blood thing, realized I sucked at sprite graphics, and quit, so no blood. Bah, whatever. Well, if anyone else is tired of having signs for chaingunners, you can download the wad at http://www.geocities.com/great_wise_yoda/cpos.zip

I've added it in, so its now in latest.wad. I quite like the idea of reusing the player sprites - they're something that you dont tend to see unless you're playing in deathmatch mode. The player sprites we have are really good so its good that they're getting more use.

Blood on the armor would look pretty good.

geekmarine: It doesn't take a lot of sprite editing skill to just mask and re-color some spots on the armor...

Is it just me, or is the Freedoom player sprite loosely based on the Terran Marine from Starcraft? Speaking of which... bye!

Ultraviolet said:

Blood on the armor would look pretty good.

geekmarine: It doesn't take a lot of sprite editing skill to just mask and re-color some spots on the armor...

Is it just me, or is the Freedoom player sprite loosely based on the Terran Marine from Starcraft? Speaking of which... bye!

I love that player sprite, I just wish the dead frames was better, they look a bit... I dunno the word, but...