Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CelT

Carmack CNN talk

ugh, I never play half-life multiplayer, it's total shit (some addons and mods are pretty fun, but straight half-life mp is bollocks). anyways I dunno what you're talking about, assassins usually go down in less than a single clip from the mp5, as long as you actually hit them. I also find that well thrown grenades will take them out. crossbow is most useful either underwater or against enemies that haven't seen/heard you, yes, but I'm not about to do some sneaking around junk because that's just not fun in half-life :P

Yeah, sneaking in Half-Life? I don't even sneak past the tentacle - you can simply run by it pretty easily if you're good enough. Obviously some people aren't, because if you can't charge into the face of any monster (including the gargantua) and defeat it with the normal HL weapons, you suck. Plain and simple. The HL enemies are all pushovers.

At any rate, you don't have to crouch AND walk to be sneaky in HL. Just crouch. That enters "stealth mode", as you would know if you ever played the hazard course. In CS, and most of the mods, you simply have to walk.

I really prefer HLDM to most of the HL mods out there, and to many other games' DM. I know I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoy it.

Again putting me in the minority, I don't mind a huge number of keys. It can be frustrating in some games, but I generally don't have a problem with it. It just takes some control tweaking that the rest of you are obviously too lazy to do. As such, I generally have different control schemes for every game.

I like HLDM too, especially with the good ole' Surprise! MOD. It's super-chaotic; tonnes of explosions, blood, gibs and fun...

I too, don't mind a large number of keys in games. Not in a FPS, but in games of other genre. Well, frankly, playing Commandos 2 requires me to memorise 30 keys, one for each function available ingame. And I've coped with that control scheme well.

auxois said:

Yeah, sneaking in Half-Life? I don't even sneak past the tentacle - you can simply run by it pretty easily if you're good enough. Obviously some people aren't, because if you can't charge into the face of any monster (including the gargantua) and defeat it with the normal HL weapons, you suck. Plain and simple. The HL enemies are all pushovers.

I'm not gonna let that retard comment slide past me just like that.
There's a simple reason why not all people are good enough: They find Half Life dry and boring as ass after they've played it the first time, hence they wouldn't put themselves through the pain of playing it enough to get a proper feel for the damn game, and hence they never develop the skill that make the enemies seem like pushovers, moron.

Saying that people suck, because they don't have your skill is the best way to appear arrogant and rude, which I must say that you've done expertly with your moronic comment. Insinuating that I suck is the best way to make me angry to the point where I start growing long, pointy teeth and start howling for your fucking blood.

So why don't you just do us and yourself a favour and shut up if all you can say is spout lame insults. This is the second retard comment I've seen come from you today. Don't push it.

When people don't have skill, they suck. This is a pretty standard, default formula here. When there is no light, it is dark. When there is no heat, it is cold. When there is no skill, you are teh suck. Simple.

I'm not faulting them for having no skill, normally, but when people say "oh no the HL weapons suck because I can't kill anything with them", then they're idiots. It has nothing to do with the Half-Life weapons being weak, and everything to do with a lack of skill. The reason why they suck (e.g. a lack of skill) is irrelevant.

And by the way - don't threaten me. "Don't push it?" Eat my ass raw. You think I or anyone else cares what you think about anything? No. So do everyone else a favor and either stop spouting shit that is in direct opposition to intelligence, or leave. I left once, and I came back to try to bring some semblance of intelligence and reason to these forums. I see I have failed.

I agree. I can beat Daikatana in a shorter time than I do Half-Life. I'm glad to be not the only one who thinks Daikatana is a better game than HL.

Cheers.

dsm said:

I'm not gonna let that retard comment slide past me just like that.
There's a simple reason why not all people are good enough: They find Half Life dry and boring as ass after they've played it the first time, hence they wouldn't put themselves through the pain of playing it enough to get a proper feel for the damn game... and some other stuff about auxois

Shouldn't a game be made to have the "proper feel" the first time its played? It sure as fuck better, or I'd rather not play it a second if I felt like it didn't. Hmmn. Sucked the first time, well, maybee I'll play it again to see if it feels proper. Heh. If a developer/creator of a game can't get that "proper feel" the first time, then the game is not worth playing in any regard.

Eat my ass raw. Heh. That's a good one.