Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aseph

Dope???

Okay, I posted a decent topic about whether of not weed should be legalized and it was post helled. That kinda confuses me. On top of that it quickly turned into a bunch of people calling each other faggots and cock suckers and stuff. What's that all about?

Aseph said:

Okay, I posted a decent topic about whether of not weed should be legalized and it was post helled. That kinda confuses me. On top of that it quickly turned into a bunch of people calling each other faggots and cock suckers and stuff. What's that all about?

The calling of faggots and cocksuckers was undoubtably the reason behind the post hellage.

Yeah, I figured that too. So, if anyone is interested you can continue your opinions about it in this thread.

No more insults, comprende?

People no change. But weed change people. Not good. Weed bad. Bad weed, bad. Stupid make weed legal. Me stoned like rock. Whee.

Seriously, why would you want to legalize something that has fucked up so many lives?

Tobacco kills way more people than marijuana does, and it's legal. We would completely eliminate drug dealing when it comes to weed, and it'd be smarter to convince] people not to use marijuana like they are with tobacco.

The government is continually being bribed by tobbacco companies for protection. That and we have sleazy attorneys like Gary Andrews. :P

Yeah, it's a touchy subject, and threads about it do have a tendency to turn to shit pretty quickly. As long as it doesn't turn to shit though, I don't consider it hell-fodder.

it should be kept in prohibition. simply put people dont respect it. hell americans dont repect beer and guns which are legal. also many helth risks. yes more people die from tobacco, but hey. i dont think u smoke the same equaivalent of pot as 2 packs of ciggertes a day. however it has some far worse side effects.
it contains more chemicals, well really about the same, as tobacco. some in different levels, duh.
THC binds to fat cells, and prefers the ones lineing nerve cells. this is permanant and once enogth builds up nasty, and untreatable side effects set in. these include, depression, dementia, paranoia and others. and its untreatable.
it has increase risk of cancer, but not much more that cigs. ever look in a bowl? all that shit that builds up goes in ur lungs. try useing tobacco in the bowl, yea stuff builds up but not as quick.
however pot is not addictive in a physical sence, which is strange. it also does have medical uses, when processed and refined. and the hemp family make a wide varity of products (yes weed is a memmber of the hemp family)
also various cutures do use it, but its is during celebrations. not week end stone fests.

you may say legalizeing it will reduce crime. well crime would reduce if i made murder legal. however if the US made it legal i can bet u the farm we would become the dumbest, most moroning nation on earth.

Hmmn.. Nevada is considering legalizing it, at least they were a while ago. As long as its not smoke in cascinos. Heh. Weeds stupid imo, although I don't believe it has many health risks because as stated, it is not used as much as tobacco. Regarless it is a chemical, although studies show no lond term health risks in moderation, and metally after 3 months, even the biggest stoners recover from their stupidity.

We can legalize weed when the majority of people can practice moderation. That will happen when the Moon turns purple and shits out an ice cream factory.

Scabbed Angel said:
Weeds stupid imo, although I don't believe it has many health risks because as stated, it is not used as much as tobacco.

See, this is what I don't understand in a lot of arguements where people try to say weed is safer. Of course it's not used as much and causes less problems than tobacco... it's an illegal drug. You can't really compare the effects of a legal drug to a non legal drug in a general sense. Don't you think that the situation would be different if it were legal?

Weed should be decriminalized, sure. It should be a gradual thing, though, as doing it all at once (a'la Prohibition) would lead to bad things. Start gradually reducing sentences for pot offenses, while at the same time gradually reassigning people and funding away from the Drug War. Give it about ten years of honest effort, and you'll see marijuana sold by Big Tobacco over-the-counter (with no addictive additives, we swear to God [/sarcasm]) and the Drug War reduced to a more realistic handling of serious drug offenses.

Other, more dangerous drugs, could be handled differently. Stop spending so much time and money cracking down on poor-man's drugs and start enforcing rich-man's drugs. Unfortunately our Dear Leader is a cokehead, so this will never happen.

Whats funny is that if it were never prohibited, there would never be a problem.

I personally dont think that there's anything wrong with ANY drug (Yes, any. And please dont start a conversation about that, as it's beyond the scope of this thread imo. It would also start a flamewar.) I realize others disagree with that statement though. However, prohibition wont stop people from doing it. If it were legalized, the money could be taken away from drug dealers and redirected to better things. Furthermore, people who DO develop drug problems wont be as afraid to seek help.

Heh, regardless of health risks, pot is a dangerous drug, for what it does to people's brains (even if it is temporary). However, I don't feel that throwing people in jail is the solution. How about rehab? Really, if this drug is so bad, why don't we actually work to try to get people to stop taking it? I'm sick of jail space being wasted on pothead who aren't even dangerous to anyone when we've got much more dangerous people out there and an overcrowded jail system. It's also just plain cruel. I mean, smoking pot is completely different from say, stealing a car or embezzling, and yet we punish all of these crimes the same way. What gives?

Aseph said:

Tobacco kills way more people than marijuana does, and it's legal. We would completely eliminate drug dealing when it comes to weed, and it'd be smarter to convince] people not to use marijuana like they are with tobacco.

Just because tobacco kills more people it makes it ok to legalize pot, which kills less people? That's like legalizing murder as long as you keep it to a maximum of 3 kills per person. Pretty silly, eh?

Heh, pot should be legalized. Not nearly as dangerous to yourself and others as ciggys and alcohol, and no real long term effects unless you seriously smoke it up for a loooong time.

Considering all teh problems we have with alchohol, is it really a good idea to give people another legal intoxicant? I say legalize weed only if you make alchohol or tobbacco illegal.

Besides look at all the shit caused in Holland because they legalized MJ. I vote no.

If I had my druthers, I'd ban both weed and tobacco. Nothing good can come of either.

DooMBoy said:

If I had my druthers, I'd ban both weed and tobacco. Nothing good can come of either.

Oh really ? Than do me a favor, will you. Take all your tapes, records, CD's, and HD's with MP3's on them, pile them all together and burn them. You see, all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced our lives throughout the years, well - they were REALLY fucking high on drugs, man.

(this reply inspired by the late Bill Hicks, may he rest in peace)

Marijuana should be legalised, if for no other reason than to kill off the big criminal establishment there has grown around it's illegal trade.

While I can't see any plausible argument for any decrease in weed users I don't really believe that a legalisation would lead to any substantial increase in users.

Marijuana should of course be subject to much the same legislation that surrounds alcohol (not for kids, driving while stoned illegal, etc.)

DooMBoy said:

You can't ban things that have been established for so many years. It would have the same effect as banning guns.

Hey I thought you said you weren't going to be posting here :P

Argh, I know. I came in too ask if anyone had a different email client to recommend and it's like I fell off the fucking wagon or something. Heh, pretty appropriate my forum addiction comes to light in a drug thread. :D

Alright, I promise I'll never do it again! I had a little relapse there but that's the last time, I promise! From now on I'm stayin' clean!

I honestly don't get why weed is illegal. It makes you feel good, if only for a little bit, but it doesn't carry any major risks. Coke makes you feel good too, but that kills you and is really addictive. Weed is quite safe and IMO, legalizing it but regulating it would be the best course of action.

Grimm said:
Heh, pot should be legalized. Not nearly as dangerous to yourself and others as ciggys and alcohol, and no real long term effects unless you seriously smoke it up for a loooong time.

That's not exactly true. Let's just say that smoking and driving can be a really bad thing. If pot is legalized it should be regulated in the way that alcohol is, IMO.

EllipsusD said:

That's not exactly true. Let's just say that smoking and driving can be a really bad thing. If pot is legalized it should be regulated in the way that alcohol is, IMO.

My cousin has driven high before and he didn't drive any differently. Then again, he only had a bowl. Still, I agree, if weed was legal, it should still remain illegal to drive while high.

[rant]Fuck weed. Who cares about that shit! What's so special or cool about some dried up leaves? BIG FUCKING WOOP!!!! I hate it! That shit changes people in REALLY bad ways! WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THAT STUFF!?!?![rant]

That's just my two cents on weed.