Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord Raffles

Christian Computer Game Reviews - what a joke!

Recommended Posts

http://www.ccgr.org

I give here a quote from a review they did on Return to Castle Wolfenstein:

"From a Christian Standpoint, this game has a few issues. There is violence, but it's not really gory unless you blow someone up with a rocket or grenade. There is some swearing and occultisms. After all they are trying to resurrect the Dark Knight. The multiplayer test did not have any swastikas in it, but the final game is loaded with them. I don't understand why they are needed, this is not depicting actual history. It's a game. Some may be offended by this. Finally some of the females need more clothes. I know there are some in leather, but worse yet some are prancing around in bra and underwear. Funny how all the men are fully dressed at all times."

Share this post


Link to post

I think the christian computer game reviews are quite helpful. I ended up not buying RtCW because of that review. It's helped me a lot.

Share this post


Link to post

personally it's the most daftest site I've seen in a month, and that beats threebrain.com (the difference being, threebrain makes me laugh).

Share this post


Link to post

Another christain game review site? hurra! I love these things!

http://www.ccgr.org
" The multiplayer test did not have any swastikas in it, but the final game is loaded with them. I don't understand why they are needed, this is not depicting actual history. It's a game."

It's a game set in WWII, which had Nazis in it. It’d be bad if I was just killing Germans, but I’m killing Nazis! So no matter what I do to them, I always have the moral high ground!

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, they can't be all bad, they gave Half-Life a good rating. Now as I've said before, I'm not the greatest fan of Half-Life, but I'm sure some people would just go "OMG BLOOD! IT WILL CORRUPT OUR CHILDREN!!!!!111". At least these reviewers seem to have actually played these games and given a reasonable review to them.

Share this post


Link to post

You can still be Christian and play these games, they act like this will make you renounce your religion :-P

Share this post


Link to post

Say, isn't this the review site that said Doom would turn us into satanists? :P

BBG said:

You can still be Christian and play these games, they act like this will make you renounce your religion :-P

Heh.

Share this post


Link to post

What the shit?!

Dingus Khan said:

I think the christian computer game reviews are quite helpful. I ended up not buying RtCW because of that review. It's helped me a lot.

Well thats fine, but your missing out on a highly reviewed, very fun game.

Share this post


Link to post
Draconio said:

I think Dingus Khan might have been being sarcastic, but I'm not sure.

AndrewB said:

No, it wasn't that great. Just another normal FPS.


Rather hard to tell, IMO I thought RTCW was a fun game, but everyone is entitled to their own opinons.

Share this post


Link to post

AndrewB said:
No, it wasn't that great. Just another normal FPS.

Well, *I* Personally found it enjoyable along with quite a few other people. I know it's hard to accept other peoples options on things, but what *you* do and do not like, dose not have a bearing on what is and is not a good game.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm impressed actually. THey are actually christian gamers... not whiny mothers. Them talking about the Multiplayer test and stuff makes them seem like they are actually into gaming, rather than just reviewing them.

Oh... did you guys hear? The original castle wolfenstein looks better than the new one!!

Share this post


Link to post

What the fuck? They even found Alpha Centauri a little objectionable.

http://www.ccgr.org/alpha.htm

"Then there are the two other questionable factions, Gaia's Stepdaughters and The Planet Cult. These factions are basically about a sort of ecological harmony with the planet Chiron, but it is still not okay for the designers to be putting that kind of stuff in a game."

???

Was there something in the bible I missed about not respecting the environment?

Share this post


Link to post

They dont like a game about other religions. Seriously thats like going to a egyptian musuem and bitching about it not showing anything but egyptian mythology.

AOM:
http://www.ccgr.org/aom.htm


From a Christian perspective there are some things worth mentioning. The most objectionable being the many gods in the game and how they are portrayed. This religious system goes against our beliefs and does not glorify our God in any way, shape, or form. Other deities are being worshipped here. Other than that major issue there's violence from battles. Finally, some of the female goddesses can use more clothing.

Share this post


Link to post

I think this is a fine site. It doesnt seem like they're shoving their opinions down anyone's throat. Nor are they hurling insults at anyone. All they're doing is providing reviews for devout christians who may or may not want to follow their advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Dark Fox said:

They dont like a game about other religions. Seriously thats like going to a egyptian musuem and bitching about it not showing anything but egyptian mythology.

AOM:
http://www.ccgr.org/aom.htm


From a Christian perspective there are some things worth mentioning. The most objectionable being the many gods in the game and how they are portrayed. This religious system goes against our beliefs and does not glorify our God in any way, shape, or form. Other deities are being worshipped here. Other than that major issue there's violence from battles. Finally, some of the female goddesses can use more clothing.


WTF!?!?! Being a little bigoted, aren't we? I mean, sure, it's a Christian review, but come on... Hell, they're a step away from racism. What's wrong with acknowledging other religions? Especially dead and/or made-up ones. Seriously, I've got something to say to people like that: "Your proctologist called; they found your head." :p Also, as for the swastika thing, it's set in WWII. Why wouldn't there be swastikas? Maybe we should just pretend Nazis never existed or anything. I hate revisionist history. It leads to muddied thinking. Take for instance, the South with their "Slavery wasn't as bad as people say," crap. Hell, there should be a law against ignorance by choice. It makes me sick that people actually go out of their way to avoid knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post

funny how some dude reviewed ultima 9 and wished that it wouldnt have any occultic and pagan symbols and rituals. that is what ultima is about for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
geekmarine said:

WTF!?!?! Being a little bigoted, aren't we? I mean, sure, it's a Christian review, but come on... Hell, they're a step away from racism.


So you're saying that defending beliefs makes someone nearly racist?


Take for instance, the South with their "Slavery wasn't as bad as people say," crap.


Being from Alabama, I have never heard someone say that.

DC

Share this post


Link to post
niguel said:

funny how some dude reviewed ultima 9 and wished that it wouldnt have any occultic and pagan symbols and rituals. that is what ultima is about for the most part.

Heh. Ultima 8 took place in a land called Pagan.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, defending their own beliefs is one thing, but refusing to acknowledge the beliefs of others is a different matter altogether. As for my slavery comment, I'm not saying the entire South is like that, just there are people who feel this way. Go to Oklahoma, or like Missouri, sometime, and talk with people who aren't from big cities (well, I suppose technically they aren't in the South, but they're close).

Share this post


Link to post

Scuba Steve said:
I'm impressed actually. THey are actually christian gamers... not whiny mothers. Them talking about the Multiplayer test and stuff makes them seem like they are actually into gaming, rather than just reviewing them.

I agree. As far as close-minded ultra conservative Christians go, these guys are very good.

I’ve read a lot worse. I found one site that denounced Caslevania SotN simply because the writer heard it had a succubus in it. That’s it.

Share this post


Link to post
geekmarine said:

"Slavery wasn't as bad as people say"

actually it wasn't. but i'm not going to get into this, wrong thread. :)

personally, i don't have a problem with these guys; at least they're playing the games, unlike most people who say OMG IT'S EVIL without playing it. still, i agree, they should be a little more open to other religion's beliefs, even made up ones. i'm okay with their concern about lack of clothes, most churches perfer modesty, but still...

Share this post


Link to post
geekmarine said:

Well, defending their own beliefs is one thing, but refusing to acknowledge the beliefs of others is a different matter altogether.


The Christian faith doesn't refuse to acknowledge anyone or anything. We just think that some things are wrong and some things are right.

As for my slavery comment, I'm not saying the entire South is like that, just there are people who feel this way. Go to Oklahoma, or like Missouri, sometime, and talk with people who aren't from big cities (well, I suppose technically they aren't in the South, but they're close).


I'm not going to attack or defend slavery, but it sounds like you're doing the exact same thing that you're denouncing, just on the other end of the scale.

DC

Share this post


Link to post

Doom-Child said:
So you're saying that defending beliefs makes someone nearly racist?

no, But saying a game is agenst god simply because it acknowledges other religions is pretty stupid.

geekmarine said:
Take for instance, the South with their "Slavery wasn't as bad as people say" crap.

monochrome said:
actually it wasn't. but i'm not going to get into this, wrong thread. :)

that might even be true, but slavery is still completely unacceptable, and should never have happend.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×