Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

Diversity of musical taste

Ultraviolet said:

STUPIDEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SAID

I was trying to cover up the fact that I was promoting P2P, you jackass. But yeah, theres an Underworld promo CD and it has the Puppy song and two tohers from the soundtrack...possibly the one by Maynard. :)

heh, I hardly listen to anything other than NIN. I usually get people "OMG this sounds like NIN" and I'm like "Yeah, take the shit out of your ears and listen again."

It seems I have a bit quiter tastes. I don't really get into heavy metal, or death, punk, and rap? No. The only time I'll ever listen to rap is if It's Ian Hunter or Queen. :P (and very rarely, Blondie, but she's freaky)

I like a lot of music from the 70's and 80's.

I'd give you a list, but that would mean that I'd have to dig up ALL my CDs. :P I'll edit later.

Im old and have a wide and varied music collection so Im not even going to try and make a list, it would include most of whats on Enjays list plus a few classical CD's.

I dont have any heavy/goth metal type stuff or rap/hip hop or that annoyingly repetetive stuff by folk like miss-teeq (however they spell it) or cuntry/western or jazz

Im amazed Linguica has an Undertones track on his list, they were a decent punk/pop band from ireland back in the day with a really good vocalist (feargal sharkey)

My favourites are U2 (I have all their stuff) Oasis, The Stereophonics, The Verve (Urban Hymns) Simple Minds, Deacon Blue, The Cranberries, Natalie Imbruglia (Left of the middle) Alicia Keys, Michelle branch, The Sugababes, All Saints, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Doors, The Beatles (all their albums) The Rolling Stones (before 1980) David Bowie (up to scary monsters, I dont have any of his albums since then)
Talking heads, Dexys Midnight Runners, Bush, Avril lavigne, Pink, Shakira, Nelly Furtado, Alanis Morisette, Stiff Little Fingers, Wah! (Pete Wylie).

Ultraviolet said:

When I created this thread I was expecting more than just people's fucking lists.

Python_Junkie said:

Here's how I go: there are at least 2 songs/tunes from every popular genre that I'll listen to...even rap.

Is that not insightful enough for you?

darknation said:

heh, I hardly listen to anything other than NIN.

I think you and I can be friends after all ;)

pregnant with worms said:

i dunno if you're into grindcore, but if so, pig destroyer and agoraphobic nosebleed cannot be beaten (as far as i know).

Didnt I read that Circle of Dead Children is Grind? If so, then they're deffinately a band to add to the list because they're HEAVY.

Lüt said:

I like music, first and foremost, if it moves me / relates to me emotionally. It's great to have something to identify with whatever mood I'm in, and possibly help change it to a better one as well. I have very few moods that I haven't yet found music to match.

Listen to Sasha.

Melfice said:

I listen to almost any type of rock except punk rock.

Bad Religion is redundant :D Just be glad you never had to hang around one guy in my graduating class who was probably related to the Blaster Worm variant author (yeah, THAT fat) who wore Bad Religion, Misfits, and all sorts of other punk rock t-shirts every day, not to mention the lousy combination of a plaid shirt, business pants, brown sandals, three-week stubble, and the odor of cigarettes...

I can listen to just about anything. Classical, rock (I tend to like the 80's stuff), a little metal, a little rap/hip-hop, chiptunes, demoscene stuff, some trance and other misc. electronica, trip-hop, bboy stuff, acid jazz, video game music (but that really encompases multiple genre). Pop and hip-hop from other countries can be interesting.

What it all comes down to, really, is if I like the song or not. I tend to stick to instrumental music, but lyrics are alright in some cases.

Here's what I have. That's just mp3 and ogg. I have a ton of SID, MOD, HES, etc, files. I also have some CDs which I didn't bother to rip.

Im pretty sure i have one of the most divers musical tastes of anyone i know. I tell people i listen mostly to rap but thats really not true, with the exception of modern country, i cant think of a genre that i dont enjoy. ( although it took me a long time to figure out why punk rock is so awesome, thats one genre i was stubborn about)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Sven Vath

Well I'll be damned. I've still got Harlequin which I bought in Germany.