Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

odd question

I've got a few strage questions, but ones I need answered. First, are lithium batteries going to be the strongest batteries, or would the Duracel Procell batteries be best?

And what metal would be best for a connector? IOW, which has the best conductivity? I'm thinking it's gold, but I'm not totally sure.

And what metal would be best for a connector? IOW, which has the best conductivity? I'm thinking it's gold, but I'm not totally sure.

At room temperature or when superconducting?

Well, gold is pretty much it. That's why computers have loads of gold-plated connectors. They wouldn't bother if it wasn't an awesome conductor and rather necessary. Copper is used for most wiring because it's cheaper and more common of course. Aluminum was tried because it works well and is way cheaper but if you don't treat the connections right the oxidation can cause dangerous fires.

I don't know about those Duracell batteries but everyone still likes the performance of alkaline batteries for small things (calculators, cameras, CD players) while they like lithium batteries for big things like computers and those giant radio-controlled monster trucks. Funny how Ni-MH batteries didn't take off like we all thought they would with computers and such.

what is the battery that has no 'memory effect'? I would love to know cause my Ni-MH cellphone battery is pretty much dead now :@

I always thought it was Ni-Mh that had no memory effect, whereas Ni-Cad and Li-Ion suffered from it, but I may be totally wrong.