Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Skull Tag Stuffage

Carnevil has notified me that the Skull Tag page has been updated with a new selection of screenshots and a progress report on the upcoming 0.95b beta release. In addition to various new features and fixes having been added for the upcoming 0.95b, Skull Tag has now been updated to ZDoom 2.0.47 and ZDaemon 1.04c code. The release date of 0.95b draws ever closer.

Hey Carn will the new netcode keep people from cheating with modified maps? It's just a fairly recently addressed issue with ZDaemon.

Dang, I'm so sick, I didn't even notice there was new news. Well, it was more like part of my noticed it, but it didn't register that it was new until I had already gone to the forums. Cool, I like Skulltag. Can't wait.

Rellik said:

Hey Carn will the new netcode keep people from cheating with modified maps? It's just a fairly recently addressed issue with ZDaemon.

Not sure yet. We shall see!

1.04c did NOT address that issue, 1.05 does. So the answer is no, cheating is not prevented in this version of ST

Carn hasn't released it yet so hopefully he'll get it taken care of before then since it's an easy exploit for cheaters.

Ralphis said:

1.04c did NOT address that issue, 1.05 does. So the answer is no, cheating is not prevented in this version of ST

Yeah because it's not like I'm a skilled programmer who can do the fix on my own or anything. </sarcasm> Anyway, yes, like Rellik said, if 1.05 of ZDaemon comes out before ST 0.95b does, I will implement the change.

Anyway, another thing to note is that this really doesn't prevent cheating; it only makes it a little more difficult for the hackers. So let's not act like this is some miracle fix that ST needs or it will die, because it isn't. Of course, it is another obstacle for hackers and is (probably) worth putting in.