• E3M2
    • E3M3
    • E3M4
    • E3M5
    • E3M6
    • E3M7
    • E3M8
    • E3M9

After seeing the E2 thread I decided to ask this since my favorite episode is E3. E3M7, E3M6, E3M3 for me.

No real favorite, all the Hell levels look somewhat ugly and rushed to me, especially E3M8 and E3M1.

This is a tough one. I like most of them. I'd probably pick E3M7, although E3M2 and E3M3 are just as good.

E3M5. Although if it weren't for the fact that E3M3 is completely out of place in the episode, it would be that :)

E3m4 rules, I will make pain to you. :P
Some of it feel rushed tho. Maybe it isn't one of the most hellish maps in episode3, but imo it is one of the funnist. E3m3 and e3m5 is also great.

Even though it was a total bitch to play, Sough of Despair is pretty cool. I like how it's consistently challenging for a non-E4 level. Limbo is classic, though. I recall House of Pain being pretty neat too.

E3M3, since it's weird without being so messed up as some of the other E3 levels.

E3M5 would probably be my second-favorite.

E3M7 is also good play-wise, but it seems almost too bland after all the outlandish maps in E3.

I also rather like E3M6, but it has such a newbie-map look that I really couldn't rank it as a best map. (E3M6 is Mt. Erebus right? I'm not sure I have the level numbers straight.)

Draconio said:

I also rather like E3M6, but it has such a newbie-map look that I really couldn't rank it as a best map. (E3M6 is Mt. Erebus right? I'm not sure I have the level numbers straight.)

Pretty much all the Hell maps have a newbie mapper look to them, I think because they (the Doom level designers) did that particular episode before they did all the others.
And yes E3M6 is indeed Mount Erebus.

DooMBoy said:

Pretty much all the Hell maps have a newbie mapper look to them, I think because they (the Doom level designers) did that particular episode before they did all the others.
And yes E3M6 is indeed Mount Erebus.

I guess that is because sandy had to do alot of more rooms and texturing for these maps than the episode2.

Torn said:

I guess that is because sandy had to do alot of more rooms and texturing for these maps than the episode2.

Actually I've always assumed the guy's colour blind or something ;)