Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Oddly amusing, but somewhat scary

I've noticed that whenever I click on the address bar and type in the address of the place I want to go (such as Something Awful or COMPET-N), I, oddly enough, wind up typing in doomworld.com/vb.
Has anyone else had any kind of experiences like this?

Heh heh, Hell yeah. No matter what I always start typing in da Doomworld address.

Who types addresses in the address bar?
I've done that only like 100 times ever.
weird.
definitely visit here at least three times a day... sadly. :)

OK cool. Phew, I thought I was the only one....I guess not :)

doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb doomworld.com/vb

Heh. =P I always type it because it's faster to type than look for the bookmark. I only bookmark things I can't remember how to type out all the way.

Nevermind what I said above, I've reorganized:

Nanami: check out Firebird's keyword bookmarks feature.

I force myself to keep http://www.yahoo.com as my home page, so that I see some world news for at least a few seconds before coming to DW.

I type in urls quite often, but often use the autocomplete, history list or a very poorly organized collection of bookmarks.

Oddly enough, I normally get to compet-n via the links at DSDA, which is kind of inefficient.

I don't know why, but I type in unusual addresses even when I'm just going to click a button in Favorites. For example when I went to click "Doomworld Forums" link a few minutes ago, I went to the address bar and typed "zdoom.org" without realizing it. I saw what I did and was like "What am I doing?"

about:blank

^^^ Best homepage evar

but yea, i do type in doomworld.com/vb occasionally when i dont mean to go there its just out of habit.

and, bookmarks are overrated. i manually type every address i go to

Yeah, about:blank as your homepage will shave hours off your internet explorer load time. Ok maybe seconds.

Yeah, I always type www.doomworld.com/vb, it's just so fun to type, www.doomworld.com/vb.

Epyo said:

Yeah, about :blank as your homepage will shave hours off your internet explorer load time. Ok maybe seconds.

I have google.com as my homepage. It loads pretty fast and can be usefull from time to time.

99% of the time I use a bookmark or copy+paste the url into the bar, so I hardly ever type up there. And why the heck would you use the Doomworld forums as a home page? Google takes much less time to load and is much much more useful.

about:blank forever.

And I never visit Google's front page, by the way. I type g <stuff> in the location bar to search for stuff when I need to.

I have had Doomworld and DW Forums hotlinked for years. One click is better than two.

I hate how hotlinking (bookmarks in direct view, below address bar, as opposed to Favorites menu) was screwed up after IE4. From IE5 on, having links in a pop-down folder in the hotlink bar opens the link IN A DIFFERENT window most of the time. Why would anyone want a bookmark they clicked on in one IE window opening up in another, seemingly random window? I'd say about 2/3 of the time, it opens in a window I don't want.

So when I have other IE windows open, when I want to go to sub-hotlinks, I go Favorites, Links, Whatever, whatever.lnk... Four freaking clicks.