Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Tree Problems

I recently made some new trees to put in my wad using the Decorate lump. Their numbers are 20000 - 20003. For some reason they go into the ground....... in other words the trees are not on the surface but are underground. Is there anyway using something like DEHACKED or the Decorate lump that can fix this problem? If so... how?

When you import your sprites as a Lump into a WAD file, set the X and Y offsets correctly. I cant tell you what they should be, so try some offsets yourself.

Ok problem solved... silly me I forgot to import the images as sprites. They were set for textures.... and I also needed to rename my lumps because I imported them with their old image names... I decided to follow Doom's tree patteren by making them things like TRE3A0 - TRE6A0 so I could easily remember them... anyways thanks for the help.

One thing you should make sure of is that the height of the trees in the decorate lump matches the height of the graphics. Just in case you plan to drop onto them at any point...

I did that actually... and Ultimate Doomer it was your Super Sonic Doom trees that gave me the idea. I went I downloaded some trees off a texture site, then looked at your demo wad wondering how to get them to work. It worked quite nicely.