• E5M2
    • E5M3
    • E5M4
    • E5M5
    • E5M6
    • E5M7
    • E5M8
    • E5M9

After seeing the E1 thread I decided to ask this since my favorite episode is E5. I'd probably have to say I like E5M6 and E5M3 the most.

I like E5M5 (Hydratyr) the best. E5M6 (Colonnade) is good, too.

E5M7 and E5M8 (Foetid Manse and Field of Judgement, respectively) are pretty good E5 levels.

Did you know about the visplane overflow in E5M8? After you kill all the Maulotaurs (or possibly even before), run around the outside wall facing towards the center and eventually one of two things will happen. Either the game crashes rather unpleasantly or the floor and ceiling flats start acting...strange.

Ichor said:

Did you know about the visplane overflow in E5M8? After you kill all the Maulotaurs (or possibly even before), run around the outside wall facing towards the center and eventually one of two things will happen. Either the game crashes rather unpleasantly or the floor and ceiling flats start acting...strange.

Yeah, I've seen this before. All the textures and stuff started to look real funky and whatnot, and my eyes couldn't handle it anymore, so I quit Heretic.exe really fast. I wonder how the level designers at Raven missed this?

Yes I know, but there is no episode 5 in Doom, so instead of dumping this in Hell, I decided to have a little fun.

I loved all of E5. Couldn't choose a favourite if you threatened me with a shitty stick. OK, maybe E5M7. Or E5M5.

Ichor: If I started a favourite E6 level poll, would you hell it? Anyway, I'd say E6M2.

Fredrik, please don't abuse x^x - it is my favourite function.

Ichor said:

There's one in E5M9 too - if you're up top in one of the corners (with the weapons on) far away from the blue door, or at the ledge (with the window and the 3 pointy ledges sticking out) furthest from the blue door, it will crash if you tried to look at all of it. Well, until I placed a column in front of the door to stop it happening...

Anyway, my favourites are E5M3, E5M9 and E5M6.

Grazza said:

I loved all of E5. Couldn't choose a favourite if you threatened me with a shitty stick. OK, maybe E5M7. Or E5M5.

Ichor: If I started a favourite E6 level poll, would you hell it?

It depends if you're talking about Heretic or Wolfenstein...

E5M7. Quite a neat structure and a suitable climax to an episode before the big fight.

Grazza said:

Fredrik, please don't abuse x^x - it is my favourite function.

Mine too. It cannot be abused.

Tormentor667 said:

Episode 5??? WTF are you talking about?! :(

Uh, Doom Version 2.0. Released 2 months ago, where have you been.

I vote E5M9 for it's awesome take on the original maps transformed into demon lairs

They were all great so I voted for all of them, even though I hated that cyb battle in E5M3. After 6 cybs, it starts to get a little hectic!