Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glaice

Blaster worm variant author found

Recommended Posts

TeamKill said:

lets shove a salt-covered beer bottle up his rear, break it, then make him run for a mile. Then sit him in lemon juice.

Why? Because you fail it an were infected?

Share this post


Link to post

Because they have nothing better to do with their time than to sit around and program viruses all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
boris said:

Why? Because you fail it an were infected?

No, I never got infected. I just dislike people who make viruses and make it where I have to go through and clean 60 computers.

Edit: wait, i misread Fredrik's post, sorry. Lets do that to the original author.

Share this post


Link to post
Disorder said:

How come all those hackers are ugly by the way?

Is there any proof that this picture is actually of the guy?

Share this post


Link to post

Poor bastard. He's uglier than homemade sin and too stupid to write his own virus. I'd say we should cut him some slack, but one of the Blaster variants fucked over my school's network and made it damn near impossible for me to register, so I think some form of capital punishment involving a porcupine, several yards of Saran Wrap, three trained Dobermans, and a credenza should be devised for this tard.

DC

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, I wonder if one of our forum regulars will be unexpectedly absent....

Share this post


Link to post
AndrewB said:

So what happens to Microsoft, the real author of this epidemic?

They get this kid in their Windows dev team ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post

This guy isnt even the author; he just took the worm and modified it. Stupidly, he included a reference to his website and left his full contact details on his domain name registration data.

I think this whole thing is way overblown. This kid is just a random script kiddie who isnt really a threat to anyone. He certainly isnt some "master hacker". Plus, by making such a huge deal over this in the press, it only encourages the view that doing this kind of stuff somehow makes you powerful and clever and encourages a whole new generation of idiot script kiddies.

Share this post


Link to post
fraggle said:

Plus, by making such a huge deal over this in the press, it only encourages the view that doing this kind of stuff somehow makes you powerful and clever and encourages a whole new generation of idiot script kiddies.

Same thing goes for those schoolshooting kids. By giving them so much attention other bullied kids think they'll get famous by doing the same thing. Media is a murderer.

Share this post


Link to post

I hope they fucking cook him..

Edit:
The orginal virus was not that harmful, he turned it into digital herpes.

Share this post


Link to post

Never before in the history of operating systems was it possible to contract a virus without downloading and running an infected program.

I can't believe how many people don't think Microsoft should pay. Their product malfunctioned, they cost hundreds of millions of dollars to the world economy, they should compensate.

Share this post


Link to post
AndrewB said:

Never before in the history of operating systems was it possible to contract a virus without downloading and running an infected program.

I can't believe how many people don't think Microsoft should pay. Their product malfunctioned, they cost hundreds of millions of dollars to the world economy, they should compensate.

Why? Because someone was able to hack their shit? If someone broke into your house, found the tools within your house to make a rocket launcher and then blew up your house and car with, you should have to pay for the damages? Odd metaphor, but the point remains.

Share this post


Link to post
AndrewB said:

Never before in the history of operating systems was it possible to contract a virus without downloading and running an infected program.

It has happened before. This isn't the first time a bug in an OS' netcode is found and exploited.

Share this post


Link to post

This is no different than a car company producing a line of cars with faulty locks. Either they get recalled and compensate owners for losses, or they're sued. Why should Microsoft be excused from this precedent?

And is it really fair to victimized consumers to rely solely on the virus-authors for monetary compensation? Please respond with thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
AndrewB said:

This is no different than a car company producing a line of cars with faulty locks. Either they get recalled and compensate owners for losses, or they're sued. Why should Microsoft be excused from this precedent?

And is it really fair to victimized consumers to rely solely on the virus-authors for monetary compensation? Please respond with thoughts.


No, it is no different than a car company producing a line of cars with locks that people can still break into.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×