Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lizardcommando

Team based Doom mod?

Is it possible to make a team based Doom mod like TFC or Counterstrike with any of the ports that are available or would I have to know some programming (C++, etc.) in order to make a team based Doom mod?

You could use SkullTag as a base perhaps, as it has a team system. It includes various teamplay modes already (i.e. team deathmatch, CTF, skulltag). However I'm strongly against any sort of Counterstrike attempt in the doom community. :P

Note: The last comment was not meant to start a flamewar about counterstrike.

Hmm, I guess just a regular team based Doom mod is possible by the looks of Skulltag, but here's what I'm curious about: (this question is sorta weird, but I'll try my best to ask it...) Is it possible to have classes in a team based Doom mod? For example, having a TFC type mod for Doom. You'd have the basic grunt, then the medic, heavy weapons guy, etc.

well, it possable, seeing as Hexen did it, and seeing as more then a few ports support doom, heretic and hexen then it would be possable, but you'd need to mess around with the source to do it. maybe with a future version of zdoom it might be possable...

Team mod for zdaemon is done, more or less anyway, check out forums on zdaemon.org. Its now in testing, latest version beta3 with beta4 due out any day now and ,afaik, its to be released really soon. The author is kilgore from BT. Ive seen it and its working really fine, and its so much fun playin. I cant wait for the CTF too !