Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Keys

Is there any word as to whether we'll see the infamous red, yellow, and blue keys again? I think it'd be nice personally, yet another reminder of the original Doom games.

That'd be cool, but they'd probably ditch color in favor of more realistic keys like "closet key" and stuff :-P

I'm sure there was an interview a while back that said there was a red key in the game as a homage to the original.

Lets face it, even if we are told something like - "get the data recorder, use it to program the computer, take the resultant data chip to reprogram the security system to allow you to pass on to level 7" - it's all just a red key wearing fancy clothes.

yes, id said that theyd throw one red keycard puzzle in the game for old times sake in a gamespy interview

remember that interaction in doom 3 will be MUCH more advanced than "find the item for the other item" according to everythiung id has said

in fact in his quakecon speech carmack said doom3's interactivity system will be JUST AS IMPORTANt a step forward as the new lighting system! He mentioned as a little digression in his talk about shaders that there are scenes in doom involving huge charts and scrolling messages that require the screen to be redrawn many times over - he said that we would see it in ht egame but it hadnt been shown yet in the previews.

In short i dont think keycard puzzles will be used too much in doom3 and i think thats a good thing

Heh, why red in particular? Why not yellow, or blue? Especially blue, blue is my favorite color :)

DooMBoy said:

Heh, why red in particular? Why not yellow, or blue? Especially blue, blue is my favorite color :)

So, I am right! John thought it was red.

BBG said:

That'd be cool, but they'd probably ditch color in favor of more realistic keys like "closet key" and stuff :-P

When I go to work I bring a blue security card/badge with me, so it's very realistic to me.

"I saw a red door and I wanted paint it blaaa-aaack!"

Enjay already stated what I think
Lets face it, even if we are told something like - "get the data recorder, use it to program the computer, take the resultant data chip to reprogram the security system to allow you to pass on to level 7" - it's all just a red key wearing fancy clothes.

Arno said:

When I go to work I bring a blue security card/badge with me, so it's very realistic to me.

Hmm, my school I.D. card doubles as a magnetic key to unlock the classrooms. Maybe I should doll it up to look like the doom cards...

I used to work as a theatre technician in a big multiple theatre room complex
We used color codes for keys..black:all technical rooms
green:all normal passage doors
blue:catering and bar
Seems realistic to me.. overuse or simplistic use of these items you probaly will not see in the new doom

PS:Find the blue key and fetch yourself a beer!