Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death666

I cant get any demos to work.

Legacy supports very few demos so i came here and read a bunch of people can run demos easy on prboom.I got pro boom and read the whole faq about demos and dont have any idea how i am supposed to start the demos. Any step by step walkthroughs would be appreciated.

all you need is a few command line arguments, as folliows:

prboom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -playdemo demo.lmp

Of course, you would have to change the filenames according to what you're using. The easiest way (to me) to use command line arguments is to create a shortcut icon which points to prboom. Then edit the program options.

thats the whole problem i have NO idea how you get command lines.Heck even my messages don't show up in proboom when i type "t" to type messages during the game.

#1 thing i have no idea how to get to is THE COMMAND LINE. thanks for a quick response though.

edit: I know what to type once i reach the command line that i cannot find.I have win XP pro if that makes a difference.

Two ways to get a command line:
1) Start - Run.
2) Start - Accessories - Command Prompt.
They look different, but are much the same thing.

Note that you'll need to give the path for the executable, e.g.:
c:\doom2\prboom.exe -playdemo 30uv1617

BTW, if your card has reasonable OpenGL support, glboom.exe will probably run more smoothly than prboom.exe.

Oh. Well, to use the shortcut method in xp you would
-right-click on the shortcut icon
-select properties from the context menu
-a big dialogue box will appear. Switch to the tab marked "Shortcut"
-There will be a box labeled "Target". This will contain the path to the actual exe file. You can add the args right after the path (after the quotes)
-Watch your demos :)