Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cactus

GL - quake !! Woooo

Does someone tried Gl quake ,it s really cool (yesh only gl support but...) ,I was surprised...
Althought I can t find a way to do a quake 1 map :) evereything about quake 1 mapping seems to be out from the net.

If you want to make Quake 1 maps I recommend a program called Qoole 99. It may be hard to find these days but it's a very good editor that can make maps for Quake, Quake 2, Hexen 2, Half-Life and a few others.

hey thanks Lord FlatHead ,Qoole 99 seems to be a cool map editor..
Do you remember how to config it I have some textures problems:
It can t extract quake texs from my folder..
:/

AndrewB said:

Tenebrae is very interesting, but it generally looks like computer-vomit.

And your forum vomit. So its even.

insertwackynamehere said:

Is that Quake or Doom III? [/retorical]

Neither.

And move that OVERSIZED HUGE IMAGE OFF MY SCREEN NOW.

MMmmm really looking good...as for me.
I still understand nothing to *.pak files...
Where can I get these?Do I have to create that?

QuArK (mentioned above, somewhere) and World Craft will automatically setup the textures for you. Although I couldn't find the Quake version of World Craft the last time I looked.

My prefered Quake port is Darkplaces.

It would indeed be nice if people stopped abusing the IMG tags.

From the FAQ:
MAXIMUM image dimensions are 640x480. This means that image can be no more than 640 pixels wide AND the image can be no more than 480 pixels high.
MAXIMUM filesize is 80 kilobytes.
Please use discretion when linking images that are not hosted on your own personal webspace.

This image failed it in several ways.

insertwackynamehere said:

Are you kidding???

http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/shots8/quake00099.jpg

Is that Quake or Doom III? [/retorical]

i have to say, andrewb's point is not totally pulled out of his ass this time (in my opinion). sometimes the combination of high-tech lighting and prettiness with the lo-fi architecture, modeling, and texturing really does look pretty poor. http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/shots8/quake00005.jpg is an example. i still dig it, but sometimes the contrasts are glaring. this is also why the quake retexturing and remodeling projects are fantastic ideas.

If you have ever run Tenebrae on a Radeon 9000 card, you would know exactly what I mean. Tenebrae code (which is not very original code) has very poor ATI support. All sorts of graphical distortions, artifacts jumping all over the place, shards of game slashing the screen constantly... I also noticed this to a lesser degree (but also to a much lower framerate) on a system with a Geforce2.

Don't tell me that sort of thing isn't computer-vomit. If you claim it isn't computer-vomit, you're either very wrong or very nitpicky.

I don't have any glaring display problems with a Radeon 8500, but Tenebrae indeed looks like ass.

Heh, the one thing I really didn't like about the original GLQuake was that it was always dark, and you couldn't change the brightness. Other than that it was pretty good.

Too bad tenebrae hasn't really ben optimised to run normal on fastspec pcs. Either that or there's something wrong with my pc that i don't know about.

I don't know, compared to Q1 that shit looks pretty damn good to me. Perhaps I'm not nitpicky enough. Dumbass. Does this all come with just a 4 meg dl? I wish I was home right now.

Again...

http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/shots8/quake00005.jpg

Hi-tech != good-looking. That's nothing more than Quake with simple stencil shadows that can be found in many games out in the past 2 years, plus some bumpmapping light effects that make about as much sense as lens flares. The glare off the walls, while it may show potential for future innovations, in this case is very ugly and very stupid-looking.

As can be said in this screenshot, plus almost all of the Tenebrae 2 screenshots, there's no reason why the walls should be glaring in such a way.