Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_Dude

Who Else Is Making Doom Builder Wads?

I've moved over to DB for Rust, because of the easier texturing and quicker edit method than WA. Also, editing level scripts is easier in DB because you don't have to bother with add_fs.exe.

Tormentor667 said:

Consequence: Back to the roots (ZETH)

Uh, yeah... son, ZETH is the tool, all my maps are done in ZETH (or DETH for vanilla play... like the map I gave for Doom Enigma)

DoomBuilder beats DeepSeas fake software untextured 3D, but it has an editing style and feeling à la Deepsea (draw-lines or whatever you call it). I like the ZETH method (put vertices, mark them, press Insert) more, so I only use DB for aligning textures along Y.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

I've moved over to DB for Rust, because of the easier texturing and quicker edit method than WA. Also, editing level scripts is easier in DB because you don't have to bother with add_fs.exe.

I can't wait for Rust to get done. How far along are you with that by the way? Haven't seen you around in awhile.....

DB is a god-send and I'm flying around Vile changing stuff as we speak. ;) Gotta love Doom Builder's 3d mode extravaganza.

Doom Dude said:

I can't wait for Rust to get done. How far along are you with that by the way? Haven't seen you around in awhile.....

DB is a god-send and I'm flying around Vile changing stuff as we speak. ;) Gotta love Doom Builder's 3d mode extravaganza.

Agreed on DB.

Well, I've been moving house, and couldn't get the net back for a few months (which was a beneficial thing as far as progress on Rust is concerned - we've talked before on how the net is like a cancer for editing disipline) but Rust is going well. I'm getting closer to releasing the first map now - there's quite a lot to do in it, but it's basically a teaser.

Shit.

I was supposed to be in hiatus from Doom mapping. Now Dani's screenshot has made me want to get out my Doom stuff again >:E

hmmm.. well here's a shot of a skulltag ctf map i started on last night with db and nami joined in to help on today.

btw it's team fortress style :D

yeah ap_10.wad will be completed with Doom Builder. that makes it 1/2 WA and 1/2 DB. its big map and if you use Doom Builder sensibly and dont try to do anything too outrageous, then its quite reliable and user friendly

I do belive the question is now a bit redundant, as DB is beginning to become a norm for lots of mappers now. Especially me. Gherking has a bunch of converts now. :P

Finally and editor that DooMers can agree on! (oh that was so cleche)

Rather than the arguments about the old and outdated and crappy WadAuthor versus the overprice, overcluttered mess that is DeePsea, we can agree that Doom Builder is teh best!

becuase of doom builder, i have been able to add details to my maps I thought i would haver be able to do! I always made things in WA...which can be to say slow. Now, with DB and its build style, I can get maps done 3x faster :D

speed? I cant say that it is any faster than WA, and I would still say that WA is at this point more user friendly. but for basic-midrange geometry and reliability in such, DB is great. I find texturing in DB at this stage far slower than in WA especially.