Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

This sucks

monochrome said:

turns out the supreme court made a law or something that lets them supeona(s/p) the ip addresses of users on programs such as kazaa. in other words, the supreme court just made terrorism legal for one giant corporation. we're all fucked.

It's time to drop the hammer... crush, kill, destroy... Do you suppose Al Qaeda plays requests? :P

I wouldn't mind if those terrorist dips actually flew an airplane into RIAA HQ...

Goat said:

ROFLMAO took me twice to read that to even catch my error, fixted it tho haha

Too bad you misspelled it twice. :P

Brianna and the others sued yesterday under federal copyright law could face penalties of up to $150,000 per song, but the RIAA has already settled some cases for as little as $3,000.

Now that's just straight-up bullshit. A single in stores will cost you about one dollar for the one song, if you subtract those extra expenses they add for ordering the CDs and handling them. If you went into that music store and stole that single the old-fashioned way, and your were caught, you'd be slapped with a misdemeanor charge, which results in a maximum fine of $2500(Canadian). To sue someone $150,000 per MP3 for something they probably wouldn't of known existed if Kazaa wasn't around is dumb.

Until I was told about Napster, I had practically no taste in music, except for what was played on MUCH Music/MTV/Radio and a few soundtracks to games. I also live in a small town, where you won't find an album by Iced Earth, Blind Guardian or In flames in the ONE major music store we have. Christ, you'll be looked at funny for asking about something by Rob Zombie in Wal-Mart. Plus music isn't so hyped and marketed as it is in larger cities, which explains why I was honestly appalled by the menioning of Linkin Park in a sell-outs thread. I don't have a credit card, nor am I old enough to legally sign up for one, so it's practically impossible for me to listen to what I want to. Anyway, most everything that I downloaded and liked, I bought, if I could find it.

If the RIAA come to my door and tell me I'm being sued, I'll hand them a couple hundred and tell them, "Go across the boarder and buy me some fucking In Flames and Soilwork albums, assholes! Then we won't have a problem!"

Coopersville said:

nor am I old enough to legally sign up for one

Since when do you have to sign up? The credit card companies were trying to get me to take one when I was 15. They'd send them to my house (without me ever knowing anything about it) for me to activate... I'd cut 'em up, of course...

Ct_red_pants said:

Retards, Idiots And Assholes

Heh...sounds like lyrics from Ministry - Land of Rape and Honey

Fuck the RIAA. If I don't live in America, am I outside their jurisdiction and therefore safe?

I suppose even if that was true it'll kick off over here soon enough.

beezee88 said:

Fuck the RIAA. If I don't live in America, am I outside their jurisdiction and therefore safe?

I suppose even if that was true it'll kick off over here soon enough.

The US politicians would probably try to work toward extradition agreements with Europe in order to prosecute anyone they could over there so they could make more money and pay the politicians more kickback to change legislation even MORE in their favor.

Ultraviolet said:

The US politicians would probably try to work toward extradition agreements with Europe in order to prosecute anyone they could over there so they could make more money and pay the politicians more kickback to change legislation even MORE in their favor.

You know as much as I laugh at dirty hippies and anti-capitalists, they have an almost point. Either way, rich greedy companies makes for bad stuff to happen.

edit: I'm downloading 'Europe - The Final Countdown' as I type this :P

Ultraviolet said:

My belief is that the methods they used to track the people's file-sharing habits fall under HACKING,

Uh, anyone can see what files other users are sharing in Kazaa itself. You can only disable this "feature" in Kazaa Lite.

NiGHTMARE said:

Uh, anyone can see what files other users are sharing in Kazaa itself. You can only disable this "feature" in Kazaa Lite.

I'm talking about them tracking people's downloading habits, not just what they're sharing. If they didn't "hack" then they couldn't ever catch leeches.