Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deep

DeePsea 11.82a for the "vertex drawing" users

I gave up :)

This is for the "I want/need vertices to draw" users, so I just added an option to leave single vertexes around when using standard drawing or you can force a vertex using Shift+Ins key in vertex mode.

At least I don't have to hear that anymore - should have done this long ago eh! So now you have vertex, line, and prefab (aka sector) drawing.

Other stuff has to do with a pretty radical change to finds, error checking, more detail in browers, new commands, etc.

All the changes are documented here: sbsoftware.com

Won't have time to do much for a bit (except fix anything I broke) - but I hope to do the next step early next year.

For the new/next ZDOOM 2.x textures can be selected as described in the specs (these show up in the listboxes/browsers). Right now if you key in a name that happens to be a valid graphic you can use that too if you've enabled one of the extensions in F5. This may be subject to change. Please refer to the ZDOOM forums for this topic.

{edit: I screwed up on a combined node dialog change that can cause a save to fail - so please get 11.82a)

Yay, so the "connect the dots" fans can finally be happy! =P

I'm looking forward to the "next step", even though I honestly have no idea what it will be :)

Heh cool, I guess, though I'm so used to sector drawing that I could probably never get used to vertex to vertex drawing.

This costs the "money" though doesn't it? Shoot, what are the limits on the shareware? I don't map enough to warrant spending money.

How come it seems so many people are so Vehemently opposed to vertex mapping?

Scuba Steve said:

How come it seems so many people are so Vehemently opposed to vertex mapping?

Limits are approximately 800 linedefs, 1200 sidedefs. About 1/2 the DOOMx levels are this size.

I think it's just a question of what one gets used to. WA users only want to use prefabs, vertex users only vertexes and linedraw mostly linedraw.

As far as number of steps required to get the job done, vertex drawing takes the most amount of work. But like hunt & pecking, once you get used to that style, it will take some effort to learn a more efficient method. Many people do just fine hunt & pecking at the keyboard - probably more than a few posters here:)

deep I have a question,I removed the grid from deepsea and can 't have it back? What to do?

Cactus: try pressing h (hide/unhide grid). If that doesn't work, press h again (as you've likely just hidden it further ;) ), and then try shift+g (enlarge grid) instead.

I'm going to give Deep a shot tonight to see if I can tackle it. I also recently tried Doombuilder. I will say I really enjoy the 3D view for arranging textures, as I have a difficult time dealing with numbers. However, Doombuilders doesn't seem to be a vertex editor. If someone can tell me how I simply add vertecies, and drag lines, while adding sectors just by clicking a sealed box, please tell me.

doombuilder has vertex-based editing, otherwise i might not be using it. just go to vertex mode and hit insert (or any other key, if you want to reconfigure it) to add verts. you can then connect them into a sector through sector mode.

Thanks Deep for another good update and correcting version 11.82 and giving us version 11.82a. That's why I pay for this product because of the constant updating, it's an all in one editor for me.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Hey Gherkin, if you want to add Strife support to Doom Builder, most of the info you need is in the Strife editing package and I guess you could ask the authors of ZDoom or Vavoom or look at source to find out about the slightly changed texture format in Strife.

Gokuma said:

Hey Gherkin, if you want to add Strife support to Doom Builder, most of the info you need is in the Strife editing package and I guess you could ask the authors of ZDoom or Vavoom or look at source to find out about the slightly changed texture format in Strife.

heh you'll probably have better luck in the doom builder thread :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Please put Deep bashing comments in their thread or something. That way people who've seen this stuff a million times before can more easily totally ignore it/agree with it/whatever, plus that thread can be deleted/post helled rather than a legitimate and informative one like this. was

eh, he was just listing his criticisms of it. you were doing something similar in the doom builder thread.

I didn't do it in an extremely insulting manner and include things I didn't like about Gherkin personally though.

I'm tried to keep it as impersonal as possible while attempting fully convey what I'm trying to get across.

Gherkin doesn't act anything like this.

I had to majorly butcher this thread, the only thing that kept me from phing it was the fact that it's actually a legit notice about a nw feature in a popular editor. please keep the stupid personal attacks and retarded gripes you have off the forums, especially the editing forums.

I still want to know where the quote NiGHTMARE gave (what Gherkin said) is from. Not because I doubt the quote was legit, but because I'm interested in what he said, and couldn't find the post with a search (it might have been made on another forum, of course.)

I mean the one about not giving a shit about what scripting can do.

Cyb said:

I had to majorly butcher this thread, the only thing that kept me from phing it was the fact that it's actually a legit notice about a nw feature in a popular editor. please keep the stupid personal attacks and retarded gripes you have off the forums, especially the editing forums.

I'm sorry. I'm trying not to cross line, but I guess I'm teetering over in some spots. And while I've never been losered or banned before and have minimal posts in PH, I'm know I'm risking banning. I think PH was a good call, so the info is still there, but I don't think you had to complete erase entire posts from existence.

personal attacks have no place on the editing forum, I stand by my decision