Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

Swedish foreign minister stabbed to death

sargebaldy said:

anyway, i'd vote a dead person over anyone who's in the gov't nowadays. a dead politician causes less damage than a live one.

Hahaha...so true. For once we actualy agree on somethign political.

sargebaldy said:

most extremists aren't left or right though, they're fascist (in favor of full gov't control over people both socially and economically).

And then there's anarchy.

I figure I'll explain something, perhaps for the benefit of those like Nocturnal_poet, and other bizarre names, heh.

Extreme left and extreme right are hard to easily divide when it comes to the issue of pan-europeanism. In fact, when you look at countries as a whole, moderate right and left wingers are very much split on the key notions of Europe, namely a single currency, common foreign and defence policy and freedom of movement of labour, skills etc. The majority of political parties' members in Europe lack unified agreement over how far Europe should take over from traditional country sovereignty.

Extreme right are motivated by a nationalistic desire based on the feared loss of military and civil rights, symbolic national things like currency and essentially power. Extreme left are motivated by a perceived threat to welfare systems (something Sweden in particular could lose out on) and political freedoms, as well as trade union, workers rights and other issues. Regardless of inclination, both sides fear loss of soveriegnty. An extremist on either side could be guilty of such an attack.

We should remember that there is no way of definitively knowing at this stage if this was a politically motivated attack. It's possible the attacker was simply obsessed with Anna Lindh.

In any case I hope Sweden's open society is not permanently affected by this and that people turn out to vote this weekend.

Fredrik said:

They have the guy on camera now. He's not been identified but the police have gotten tips on who he might be.

Time to go in for the kill...

...not meant literally (as much as I would want the guy dead, it is not fitting for a humane society like Sweden).

sargebaldy said:

most extremists aren't left or right though, they're fascist (in favor of full gov't control over people both socially and economically).

Fascist's are extreme right wing people ? Nazi's ?

ha sucker, if someone tried to stab me or stabed me id shoot them in the stomach then laugh at em squirmin around on the ground.

Tyockell said:

ha sucker, if someone tried to stab me or stabed me id shoot them in the stomach then laugh at em squirmin around on the ground.

So uh, what if they stabbed you first?

Fredrik said:

So uh, what if they stabbed you first?

I think he's trying to say he's invincible or something. He kinda sounds like the type of person who's ass I'd love to kick.

Nocturnal_poet said:

Fascist's are extreme right wing people ? Nazi's ?

not extremely right persay; on the political scale fascism is at the top. basically they share the right-wing position of gov't controlling social issues, and the left-wing position of gov't controlling economic issues.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportions i say.
the guy mentioned in that article has been proven innocent, yet he has had his name slandered and spit at for like two weeks time now. And the two major papers in sweden have had for a long time now every single day atleast two pages about how terrible this man is !
how he has broken about every law in the country (slightly exaggerated)
and what do you know ? he's friggin innocent !
that's weak man! this thing has turned into a witch-hunt..
baah i don't lik it.. still want the guy who did it to get caught yes ! but man that was just to much !

yeah when i first read that article i was a bit suspicious, since it not only doesn't mention any evidence, not even circumstantial, that he was the culprit, it also said this:

When asked if the arrested man was the one in the pictures, police spokesman Leif Jennekvisthe said the suspect was ''not entirely different.''

wow, really? not entirely different? are there any two people in the world that look 100% different? from reading that article it sounds like they based that arrest off barely any information at all.