Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

Doom 3

Are you losing interest in Doom 3?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are you losing interest in Doom 3?

• Yes
    • No
    • Was never interested.

Scabbed Angel said:

Looking at the Doom 3 section of the forum, which I used to only post in, interest is wanning.

That is because of my moderating skills. They're all hiding in fear now.

Not losing interest, but there's nothing to post about. You'll see the same trend on the other big Doom3 forums.

Shaviro, you said that you thought something (like a demo) will be released on the 23rd. Are you still confident? Then we'd have something to post about.

I was just shocked that since my last post two days ago, that there was only 1 post in that forum. Good point though.

Scabbed Angel said:

Shaviro, you said that you thought something (like a demo) will be released on the 23rd. Are you still confident? Then we'd have something to post about.

Not so confident I was then. Something WILL happen though.

Shaviro said:

Not losing interest, but there's nothing to post about. You'll see the same trend on the other big Doom3 forums.

I second that.

Losing interest? Heck no! The closer to release this game gets, the more I anticipate it.
Hell, when I started my long wait for Doom 3 (I think it was around 2000) I didn't even expect to be touching the mp aspect - now I'm even looking forward to try that out too :-)

The Doom 3 forum just isn't active because Doom 3 is getting "close" to release (compared to what it was earlier) - it's in the final phase which means that iD has already implemented all the content and are now just testing and tweaking the Hell out of it.

This doesn't exactly encourage people to come up with new ideas, because chances are that iD aren't gonna implement them anyway, because the content is done.

Also, we've discussed and analysed all details there has been released that we possibly could.

dsm said:

Also, we've discussed and analysed all details there has been released that we possibly could.

Definitely not true :P

Shaviro said:

Not so confident I was then. Something WILL happen though.

Why?

Python_Junkie said:

Are you kidding? I'm getting Doom 3 the day it comes out whether I have the minimum sysreqs for it or not!

Huh?

Fredrik said:

Definitely not true :P

Ok ok, I exaggerated so sue me.
Are you happy now?

BlackFish said:

dont worry, everybody will go crazy as soon as it comes out.

I won't be - in fact nothing will change at all when it comes out (as I won't be able to run it on my pc). Besides, it's not gonna be much different from any other modern FPS.

In response to the original question:

Yes, very much so. In fact, at an exponential rate.

I'm not loosing interest, but I'm getting worried Id cannot deliver.

I still think that their initial work like seen on this pic is more appealing (to me) then the admosphere of their latest work, which is to clean IMO.

Zoost said:

I'm not loosing interest, but I'm getting worried Id cannot deliver.

I still think that their initial work like seen on this pic is more appealing (to me) then the admosphere of their latest work, which is to clean IMO.

Who says that isn't included in Doom3?

Shaviro said:

Who says that isn't included in Doom3?

Well the latest released stuff has a completely different atmosphere IMO than in that pic. The newer stuff is more clean and not as... well not as dark and filty as in that pic. (That may be because of the low res of that pic, but i doubt that)

Zoost said:

Well the latest released stuff has a completely different atmosphere IMO than in that pic. The newer stuff is more clean and not as... well not as dark and filty as in that pic. (That may be because of the low res of that pic, but i doubt that)

I guess that depends on the location of the mars base!

Heh. This is doom we're talking about.I'm still doing to buy doom3, no matter what. However i do have to admit i am becoming more and more prepared for doom3 if it turns out shitty, something we can all be prepared for.

Scabbed Angel said:

No, I just didn't know what you were responding in regards to.

Scabbed Angel said:

Areyou losing interest in the Sequel?

1 + 1 = 2, got that?

Python_Junkie said:

Are you kidding? I'm getting Doom 3 the day it comes out whether I have the minimum sysreqs for it or not!

Q: Are you losing interest in the sequel?
A: No I'm going to buy it.

Hmmn.

Well perhaps you just worded your response wrong. Just because you're losing interest (lack of posts in other forum) doesn't mean you're not going to buy it.

I'm not losing any interest at all. I don't even have an XBOX, or a computer good enough to run it (not by a long shot), but the more mentioning of Doom 3 I hear, the more crazed I become of it.

It has become precious to me.

Even if the posted picture look more grungy, they have an odd, almost molded look to them... I find it unappealing, myself =\...

"Help! A plastic demon is eating me!"

Cecillia said:

Even if the posted picture look more grungy, they have an odd, almost molded look to them... I find it unappealing, myself =\...

"Help! A plastic demon is eating me!"

Heh. Somewhat plasticky, of course, but great looking nonetheless. A plastic demon is scarier than a water-coloured 2D rendition of monster found in any other game, IMO. ;)