Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven3

MOHIH w/ SLIGE

Should I use SLIGE to generate some of the MOHIH Maps?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I use SLIGE to generate some of the MOHIH Maps?

• Yes
    • No
    • WTF is SLIGE?

Does anyone think I should use SLIGE for some of my maps in MOHIH?
I'm running out of ideas...

:IF YOU'RE GONNA STRAIN YOUR PEANUT BRAIN, THINK OF SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT!
::Eddy, why is someone in the kitchen with Dina?
:Eh......Double D up yet?

I havn't used Slige in a while, it's just fun for co-op or single player. Oh yes, the idgames archive maintainer forbids the uploading of SLIGE levels.

LC: What'd WoolieWool do?

Woolie Wool was an exceptionally clueless member who was banned for some time ago.

Besides plugging his SLIGE generated megawad everywhere he was also a George Bush supporter of the most obnoxious kind readily flaming everyone who cared to show the slightest grain of scepticism or just happened to be proud of their own country (if they didn't come from the US). Rubbed Julian, Fredrik and Mordeth (all three europeans) the wrong way, so out he went. He is probably one of the reasons why pro-Bush people gets such a hard time around here.

Thanks for clearing that up Little Faith and Torn.

OT: Use SLIGE maps for personal use, but not to share with others as they can do it too with a simple batch file (as I do) =P

I'm waiting for someone to merge slige into their sourceport so that it'll just generate a new level everytime the last one finishes. Endless DOOM.

Poor Doomguy never gets any rest.

Edit: Bloodshedder has just let me know that there is in fact a Dosdoom port called "randoom" which does just that. Should be located on the SLIGE site.

Mr. Chris said:

I havn't used Slige in a while, it's just fun for co-op or single player. Oh yes, the idgames archive maintainer forbids the uploading of SLIGE levels.

LC: What'd WoolieWool do?

If you want to read the thread, it is here.

He kinda acted like it was his own maps/megawad, and I have checked "his megawad seems he only used one theme in the config file for slige.

SLIGE is only good if you wanna couple or more maps to just run through whenever you're bored. NEVER, I repeat NEVER, use it to make megawad levels, because not only will they suck, your levels, being made with SLIGE and all, won't be put on the archives. Kthx.

DooMBoy said:

SLIGE is only good if you wanna couple or more maps to just run through whenever you're bored. NEVER, I repeat NEVER, use it to make megawad levels, because not only will they suck, your levels, being made with SLIGE and all, won't be put on the archives. Kthx.

Uhm, maybe he would run it and then add more details/fix up the map, so it don't look like slige. But I dunno what he meant.

Slige should be used for entertainment and ideas. Sometimes those maps can have some interesting things in them.

Heh, I guess I'm not the only guy who went "OMG WoolieWool" when I first saw this thread.

I remember playing around with Slige a long time ago. Quite fun really, but using it to make levels for a project is pointless. If you have that much trouble making Doom maps yourself, maybe you're just not cut out for mapping.

What I meant was use SLIGE to get a map idea to base it upon, then make my own *much* more detailed maps.

I've been mapping for quite a while now, hence I'm fresh out of map ideas :P

Little Faith said:

Woolie Wool was an exceptionally clueless member who was banned for some time ago... He is probably one of the reasons why pro-Bush people gets such a hard time around here.

I thought Bush is the reason why pro-Bush people get such a hard time around here.

It is Darkhaven3's in-development project. We have yet to find out where exactly the "Medal of Honor"-part lies.

In fact we have yet to find out almost everything about this project since the screenshots being released are not very informative.

I think you should use slige, it produces decent levels, and will speed up development alot if you use it for like every other or third level.