Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beezee88

what do you drive?

just wondering what wheels the board have.

give model, colour, auto or manual (i'm not american :), and your top three driving tapes, plus anything else you feel necessary.

My dad got me a black BMW 318, two door, auto, it's sooooo cool. In the glovie I've got Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet, Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet, and some 80s electro pop compilation. heh.

now, just two more years, and I'm road legal!!!!! :P

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Green (with a shitty paint job that's now decaying)
Automatic
While it has a tape deck, I don't use it for tapes themselves; I use it to hook up my car adapter for my MP3 player.

Basically, it makes a redneck car look like a Mercedes.

BMW 316i Red
Audi 80 Red
Toyota MR2 Red
Land Rover Discovery V8 Graphite
Ford Capri Yellow with black vinyl roof

OK, so I can buy cars, I'm just not very good at selling them. At least I have cut down. I used to own 7 at one time. All are taxed, MOT'd and roadworthy, except the Capri. Most are fairly old - around 8-12 years. All are manual. The Capri is roadworthy, but currently garaged. It's 30 years old this year - and only comes out to play on sunny days.

Driving tapes? Ummm well in the MR2 I have a couple of Cypress Hill CD's, in the Audi I've got 3 CD's I burned with a variety of heavyish stuff but with some punk/ska and rap thrown in. I've got a Buddy Holly tape and a mixture of 50's hits in the BMW as well as some Brit-pop CD's lying in the door pocket. I think all I have easily to hand in the Land Rover are a couple of CD's something like "The Best Air Guitar Album Ever" and "The Best Punk Album Ever", but I also have a box of "mixed" tapes in the boot (well under a blanket behind the rear seats - no real boot as such) with everything from about 1955 to 2003 on them (left overs from the music supply I took on holiday this Summer). Quite a lot of 60's and 70's stuff IIRC. The Capri has no tapes or CD's in it at present, but I like to play early 70's music when I drive it 'cause it was built in '73 and it just seems right in a "Christine" kind of way - for those who know that book/movie.

And yes, my decision about which car to drive on any one day does sometimes depend on what music I want to listen to on the way to work. :-)

Mercedes Benz... wait, no, that's the bus I usually ride.

Oops, accidentaly quoted myself instead of pressing the edit button. Can someone delete please?

Enjay said:

BMW 316i Red
Audi 80 Red
Toyota MR2 Red
Land Rover Discovery V8 Graphite
Ford Capri Yellow with black vinyl roof

OK, so I can buy cars, I'm just not very good at selling them. At least I have cut down. I used to own 7 at one time. All are taxed, MOT'd and roadworthy, except the Capri. Most are fairly old - around 8-12 years. All are manual. The Capri is roadworthy, but currently garaged. It's 30 years old this year - and only comes out to play on sunny days.

Driving tapes? Ummm well in the MR2 I have a couple of Cypress Hill CD's, in the Audi I've got 3 CD's I burned with a variety of heavyish stuff but with some punk/ska and rap thrown in. I've got a Buddy Holly tape and a mixture of 50's hits in the BMW as well as some Brit-pop CD's lying in the door pocket. I think all I have easily to hand in the Land Rover are a couple of CD's something like "The Best Air Guitar Album Ever" and "The Best Punk Album Ever", but I also have a box of "mixed" tapes in the boot with everything from about 1955 to 2003 on them. Quite a lot of 60's and 70's stuff IIRC. The Capri has no tapes or CD's in it at present, but I like to play early 70's music when I drive it 'cause it was built in '73 and it just seems right in a "Christine" kind of way - for those who know that book/movie.

And yes, my decision about which car to drive on any one day does sometimes depend on what music I want to listen to on the way to work. :-)

Heh, I drive (and have drove since I was 18 and a half) a beat up, POS 1990 Chevy Lumina, red in color. Needs a lot of work, but hey, it gets me where I need to go, so I'm alright with it. :)

'92 Subaru Legacy Turbo
Automatic
White, small red pinstripe down each side.
Blue LED lights in air scoop on hood
Chinese seat covers (black)
Two 300w Kenwood Subs in bass-reflex box, 250w Alpine Amp with bass-engine, 40x4 Alpine deck, two 160w Polk speakers, two 120w Alpine speakers.

Soon to have license place that says "KRFTWRK" (if accepted), and maybe the black and white Kraftwerk robot logo on the back. Will also have LED running lights (blue) underneith that will synch with the music and flash in different ways.

King Ghidorah in window

DooMBoy said:

I drive the point into your mom :D

It's good to know she's getting something, even from a shit-dunking fuck plumber like you. :D

1989 Ford Laser KE GL

1.6L SOHC Carburettor (I can't spell :P)

Though, soon I am getting a BP Turbo 1.8L EFI transplanted into it. Been wanting to do it for ages. New exhaust and intercooler as well. Then I can show all these revheads around here with their riced out cars who's boss :P

Job said:

It's good to know she's getting something, even from a shit-dunking fuck plumber like you. :D

Yeppers, and it's good to know that at least I have something, whereas you have nothing, you semen swiping, phallus fondling little cunt blister :)

Audi

myk said:

Mercedes Benz... wait, no, that's the bus I usually ride.

hahahaha, el mio tambien es chamuyo hahaha

2001 Mazda Tribute, silver, automatic, 4WD that I never use but it's the only model available in Salt Lake. I do my best to treat her well.

heh, I'd left my windows cracked because of the heat earlier this week, and yesterday this storm comes out of fucking nowhere, so my seats and floormats are all soaked and there's standing water in the cupholder. Nasty. :P

beezee88 said:

just wondering what wheels the board have.

give model, colour, auto or manual (i'm not american :), and your top three driving tapes, plus anything else you feel necessary.

My dad got me a black BMW 318, two door, auto, it's sooooo cool. In the glovie I've got Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet, Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet, and some 80s electro pop compilation. heh.

now, just two more years, and I'm road legal!!!!! :P

]

Nice job, yuppie.

Rofl

Yeah that's extremely nice of your parents to just up and buy you a car 2 years before you can even drive it. Unfortunately you mentioned the name Bon Jovi so...

I USED to drive a 91 Chrysler Lebaron convertible, (3.0L V6) but after it got towed in winter '00 in the city it hadn't been the same since. over a period of about 2 years it got worse and worse, despite putting various new parts in it. Ol' Bessy was put to rest officially in Nov. '02 after I decided no one would be willing to buy it (at this point it didn't start and I had just put a new starter in a year ago) so I ditched it in a Cubs parking lot. They towed it shortly after the Cubs' season started.

I HAD a bike up until a month ago, when it got stolen from the front of the office building I work at. Now I walk or take the train/bus. I probably won't buy a car for a good while because for the most part, you really don't need it here. I think I'm getting a new bike for Christmas, which I need to find out soon, otherwise I'll purchase a new bike.

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier VL sedan (4-door, 5-speed standard, black)

In the glovebox I've got:

Gob - Foot In Mouth Disease
The Ataris - So Long Astoria
Front Line Assembly - Millenium
White Zombie - Super Swinging Sexy Sounds
Shocore - Devil Rock Disco
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Deftones - White Pony

hmm, there's a few others, but I can't remember their titles right now =/

1982 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale
403 V8 (6.6L)
Automatic (200R4, 4-speed)
Two-tone blue

Picture (blame the three-year-old disposable camera and incompetent photo developing lab)
Model information page

As for listening material, I've got a few CD's in the 6-disc changer in the trunk, but I hardly listen to them. They include Weird Al Yankovic's Greatest Hits and a CD of some Doom E1M1 and Map01 remixes. Most of the time I keep the radio tuned to one of the three classic rock stations nearby.