Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOM Anomaly

The 3 Vollintears!....Okay maybe just one.

Hiya.

Yes the misspelling of the V-word is on purpose, cause I know I'd probably spell it wrong so why bother!©

.......Well I thought it was funny. :)

Well, today, of Friday September 12th 2003, I left at lunch time of my school and went to the Elementary school I used to attend in my past to help out with the Terry Fox Run that they commonly hold each year at this time of year. Went there, signed in and looked at all the school year pictures from my 5 years at the school. A bit after we got all the stuff settled and I started walking with the Intermediate grades (4,5,6,7), it was the walking group so it was a nice slow pace. It started out just me walking by myself but soon enough I started talking to the littler kids and I eventually started talking to a big majority of them. I talked with them in such ways that I never get to with my friends, and they also listened and laughed at my witty remarks. I got a water bottle dumped on me and my hat was taken several times, but I got it back, eventually. :D I gave piggybackrides and all that jazz, I helped them when they got hurt and stuff which was nice. :) And which also was cool was they actually talked to me on their own will, and most of them were, girls, which is rare for me cause all the girls in my grade and age don't like me in any respect. :D It was only a 4 Kilometre walk, so it wasn't that long. But we got back, but my hat was still taken, so I chased one of the boys around the field and playground (I didn't really run after him, but jogged, cause it made it more fun :D), I eventually got my hat back, but in the end, he took my watch, but I never got it back. :P But thats alright. :)
Today ruled cause I got to hang out with lots of little kiddies and I had a blast and a explosion. I personally, love working with little kids and helping them out like this and stuff cause I really feel good helping them and making them smile, and its just so satisfying to know they are better off with my help, even if they may not be. :)

Who else has done some volenuteer work lately? :D

And by the way this isn't a baby sitting ad.
So Don't send your children or someone elses children to this address.

02468 Goingupbytwos Ave.
V2X-Files

Go-Go thread finally made after so long! :D
Mwhahahahah.

Hidden Mist Nojutsu!
* Vanishes in thick mist *

I used to donate blood... It's not really work.. but it's giving for free...

I wanna volenteer at an animal shelter but the last time I went in I had this emotional break down and couldn't handle the sadness of seeing all these sad caged critters.

Silverwyvern said:

I wanna volenteer at an animal shelter but the last time I went in I had this emotional break down and couldn't handle the sadness of seeing all these sad caged critters.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

But hehe, your signature reminded me of on the walk, we saw a dead squirrel, then a dead mouse, then a dead rat, it was like Corpse City! :D

I had a mandatory "Christian Service" requirement all throughout high school. I had to get a minimum hours requirement over one semester each year as part of our Christian morality classes (as opposed to our really interesting bible history class). For the first three years, I did what my older sister did and helped out at the after-school day care for the elementary school next door. During my senior year, I spent most of the day every Thursday playing TA for the 5th grade class at the school. That was really fun; I wound up staying on for second semester and finished the year with just short of a hundred hours of service, plus I made friends with several teachers. (Including a gym teacher I had had when I was in kindergarten. I was odd getting to know a guy who had so terrified me a dozen years before.)

In college, I usher in church every Saturday night. It keeps me going to church every week, and lets me get to know a few of the people at the parish. Including, oddly enough, my calculus professor from freshman and sophmore years.

Ah, one day when I was in high school, a dog bit my hand. I taped it up and ignored it, and went with my plan to hit the mall in the afternoon. I go to the mall, and these people from the Humane Society are setting up tables and cages for this adoption fair the next day. Totally on the spur of the moment, I volunteer to help. So I'm running around the back corridors of the mall, where customers aren't allowed to roam, finding and setting up equipment. Meanwhile the bandge on my hand has come off, and the wound on my hand is getting dirtier and dirtier as I'm lifting and carrying all this stuff. End result: a productive afternoon spent working and a bodacious scar on my hand. :)

I've never goten the chance to volunteer to anything, except blood drives, and those I've always had to cancel on for one reason or another. :( I dont think there are any places to volunteer around here. Pretty much everyone in this town hates everyone else. :(

The last time I did volunteer work was at AT&T Cable Channel 4 in Portage, IN. I operated a TV camera for a sports show every Sunday. It was awesome.

Btw, this is my 250th post, so now I get custom avatar omg!

^____________^

PH33R Mancufish

I have to do work in Elementary school as well, as a sort of intern thing, for my Elementary Education Degree. Working with kids is great, but it's alot more fun if you can get them to pay attention and actually enjoy school and your class.

By the way, show them who's boss! Don't let those rats take your hat! ;)

Scuba Steve said:

By the way, show them who's boss! Don't let those rats take your hat! ;)

It was all good, they wore it around and stuff and took it when I gave piggyback rides. The thing is I actually got my hat back, but I didn't get my watch back. ;) Hehehe. :)

Also, I'm not very good at taking charge, I let people walk all over me to tell the truth. (Literally and metaphorically) I try to supress my anger, I don't want Anger Management being something my family is considering for me again. :)

DA is going to be a teahcer when he's older it seems.

Umm, as for the thread, does helping to dig over my friend's garden count?

pritch said:

DA is going to be a teahcer when he's older it seems.

Hehehe, I never really thought of that, but I suppose anything is possible in the next few years. :D

Pritch!:
Umm, as for the thread, does helping to dig over my friend's garden count?

Surely, as long as someone needed help on something and you participated then its considered volunteering, I suppose. :D

darknation said:

or a pedophile.

A community one would work I guess. :P

Not lately, unless three years ago qualifies as "lately".

I'm only glad I always made sure that I acually volunteered on these jobs rather than getting picked as "volunteer" :-P

DOOM Anomaly said:

Surely, as long as someone needed help on something and you participated then its considered volunteering, I suppose. :D

Heh...I once cleaned up my friend's yard with a couple other people. Keep in mind, this wans't just some overgrown weeds and some cinder blocks. His back yard was completely full of garbage. Also, the dude was away the whole time, so he didn't even have to lift a finger. Ah well, I got free Burger King out of the deal.

i gave blood once because my friend jenny wanted to and wanted someone to go with. i have a fear of needles and i hated the whole process but i guess i did good. other than that, i guess the only real volunteer work i do is help my mom with stuff during the summer =P

i get "volluenteered" in school everyday when i take my morning nap during math :P

"Volunteer duty!"
"What? I didn't volunteer!"
"Are you trying to cause trouble?"
"No, no trouble..."

Archvile46 said:

I'm part of a volunteer club at school. Looks good for the colleges =)

heh some schools actually REQUIRE you to volunteer. kind of funny that most of the time people 'volunteer' it's because either they have to or it's for their resume.

sargebaldy said:

heh some schools actually REQUIRE you to volunteer. kind of funny that most of the time people 'volunteer' it's because either they have to or it's for their resume.

My school is like that, we have to get at least 40 hours of working or volunteering and get some paper jazz signed to prove it and stuff. It would be alright for me, if I had a job. :D