Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wad`a`Holic

Damn moaning demons in walls

Remember the old days when people would replace sounds of enemys with sounds like reactor cores, computers etc and then stick the enemy that does that sound in a wall.

I find that crulty to demons. I am starting a campain to save the poor assholes. Whos with me???

Heh, break out the cardboard signs, blunts, and bail money, it's time to save those poor abused demons in the walls!

I know a poor Cocademon waiting to get out of the walls of a Star Trek TC.

At least with my levels I give the demons in walls a bed, water fountain and a outdoor playground to use in there break time. They even have a door outside. :). But it needs a key. :(

What about all those poor little innocent Commander Keens trapped in those void sectors in AV map30?!

I'm sure something like that might be possible using ZDoom, but I dunno. You're right though, DA, that would indeed own me. :P

That will be sweet. You could make your whole level have a wall texture with cyber-demons stuck to it or have pain elementals stuck to it.

I could even do it without having to program anything.

DooMBoy said:

I'm sure something like that might be possible using ZDoom, but I dunno. You're right though, DA, that would indeed own me. :P

Yeah, or perhaps just like those two spinning walls in the first level of Hexen that spat out those fireballs, those were neato.

DooMBoy said:

What about all those poor little innocent Commander Keens trapped in those void sectors in AV map30?!

Uhm, I Hope you know why they are for, cause they make the first screaming sound (the keen die sound is replaced).

DOOM Anomaly said:

Hey, this made me think, a wall texture that became a demon and started to attack, that'd be neato. :D

Heh, back in my old Wolf3D mod I was working on, I had a few parts where a guard was set on patrol inside of a wall and would walk right out of the wall when the player walked by, thus giving them a nasty surprise! Hmm, I wonder if I still have it around here somewhere.

It would be cool if you walked up to one of those walls with all the faces in it and they started to rach out and bite you. Now you'd need to worry about damaging floors, crushing ceilings, and biting walls!

Wad`a`Holic said:

Remember the old days when people would replace sounds of enemys with sounds like reactor cores, computers etc and then stick the enemy that does that sound in a wall.

Remember the new days when people would add their own ambient sounds for ZDoom that sound like reactor cores, computers etc. and then stick the ZDoom thing that does that sound in a wall.

Personally, I preferred the sound of crushing sectors near walls with the moving floor/ceiling sound replaced (or left with the original sound).

DooMBoy said:

Well, actually, I just had a thought. If you remember that one wad that someone made (Apologies for forgeting the name) But it had that hellspawn that kept changing forms, from an archvile, to Baron of Hell to Demon, and such. If Zdoom is possible of that, perhaps it is of making a object that just is still, turn into a Demon, and then perhaps turn back when killed or whatnot. :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

Well, actually, I just had a thought. [...] If Zdoom is possible of that, perhaps it is of making a object that just is still, turn into a Demon, and then perhaps turn back when killed or whatnot. :D

Hmm...gives me an idea!
Perhaps you could do that with one of the green pillars or whatever, turn your back on and it morphs into a demon that attacks you when you stand with your back turned to it, but when you turn around, it's a green pillar again.

ravage said:

Who remembers the Blessed Engine?

a (fucked up) dehacked patch is not an engine

Funny, I've never seen a deh patch turn the plasma gun into a tri-plasma grenade launcher.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Well, actually, I just had a thought. If you remember that one wad that someone made (Apologies for forgeting the name) But it had that hellspawn that kept changing forms, from an archvile, to Baron of Hell to Demon, and such. If Zdoom is possible of that, perhaps it is of making a object that just is still, turn into a Demon, and then perhaps turn back when killed or whatnot. :D

OMG! YOU MEAN MY SHAPESHIFTER. That map is old and I'm amazed anyone at all remembered about that. The only forms you missed were Chaingunner and Pain Elemental, but who cares. I actually made a lasting impression on someone. ... Wierd ...

DOOM Anomaly said:

perhaps it is of making a object that just is still, turn into a Demon, and then perhaps turn back when killed or whatnot. :D

Zdoom alone couldn't do this, but with DEHACKED it could. Just take an enemy ... like a demon ... and make it so they have 0 speed. Then have their starting frame as your still object, attacking as a Demon, and death as the object. Therefore making it work. You could have a killer blue key or something. Wait a minute, come to think of it, Zdoom isn't even required for this. All you need is a DEH patch. ... cool

ravage said:

Who remembers the Blessed Engine?

*shivers* don't remind me about that *shivers* the author who made that patch is a sick minded freak if you ask me. *mega shiver* I never want to hear about The Sky May Be for awhile. I did play that once to see how awful it really was and well I could beat it without the Blessed Engine *shivers*, but not with it. Damn Barons, they even kill you in God Mode, who is sick minded enough to do that?

ravage said:

Funny, I've never seen a deh patch turn the plasma gun into a tri-plasma grenade launcher.

the source wasn't avaliable when smb came out, so an engine mod would have been impossible without some serious hackery, plus the files included with it are a deh and the dehacked exe. however, off the top of my head that could be done easily:

plasma bullet's first frame spawns mancubus fireballs (the code pointer which spawns three mancubi fireballs in an array), mancubus fireballs all have gravity set.