• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Coraline

Reu Update #2

Hey again, Doomers!
--
Work has proceeded nicely on the Resident Evil Unleashed project. Due to new members coming in and out, we've decided to scrap our .wad we were working with and build a new one. So far, nothing will make you feel like you've played this!
Earlier, the levels were simply too large to play in EDGE, so we've created the DevDoom EDGE source(tm), wich enhances the enhancer hugely. New level effects were implented that would make Qdoom cry!
I haven't had much time in doing the mod, so I have to say that I will be quiting the project as of Oct. 1st of this year. Daikatana II requires more than just Romero, we found out :).
Anyways, we've also been throwing around the idea for Devdoom multi-player. It will totally rule!
So, anyone who hasen't heard of REU, head on over to the nearly-complete website for REU (http://reu.150m.com). If you have time, register on the forums, and ask as many questions as you like!
That done, check it out! Any feedback about it would be appreciated (we know game content is missing).

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Erm, have you gotten permission from Capcom/whatever company that made RE so you won't get into legal troubles?

Hmmm...just go into your web browser and type in (sans www) http://reu.150m.com.
As for legal troubles, we got that taken care of a year ago.
I saw many views to the post, so ask some questions!
We're also selling T-shirts, Mousepads, Mugs, etc. Game merchandise.
NOTE: the game merchandise has not been looked at by Capcom.
Everyone who registers on the forums gets a copy of Doom3: Smiley Head's Safari, and a sneek peek at Doom4 (via Bink Video).
Thanks for support!

Chu said:

Everyone who registers on the forums gets a copy of Doom3: Smiley Head's Safari, and a sneek peek at Doom4 (via Bink Video).

I don't believe you, that's just to get more hits on your site.

Well well. You know what's fake or not! :)
But seriously, Doom4: Smiley Head's Return has been in development forever! At least some screenshots will be released to you.
I don't really care about hits to the website, just more activity on the forums (but check out the website if possible).
So...how did you like the website? Any comments?

Our DevDoom source is awesome! The effects now don't slow EDGE down! Some sort of crazy DDF crap. It's pretty cool.
So...?

A pun on REU in the form like Hexen: Beyond Heretic. Get with the bloody times man.

Yeah, another update:
--We're on a role now. After removing 0.97 and everything to do with -it, we started working on 0.98, which will include multiplayer (by vectordude).
--We're using an in-house code method called DevDoom, which simplifies Doom EDGE mapping and coding alike. The source will be released soon.
--Characters are coming together, with different attributes and stuff like that. We've now included character (don't run away) Max Payne, as he is Duke's bro (needed more chars for Duke's universe).
--We need some more mappers. We have about two, and they are damn good, but maybe one more would be appreciated.
--Anyone remember Ashley Carr? Well, he's working on the REU soundtrack, as well as the new CEO for the team. He's already submitted bitchin' material, but I've decided against putting it out there.
--New Copyright method: Lobo has provided us with VB6 version of a Copyright tool, which will allow NOBODY to look into our data. It will all be broken apart and impossible to compile again. Sorry!
--First Expansion Pack Announced: the team named Intellectual Properties has begun work on a expansion pack for REU. It will not require REU to run: it might be released before REU is!
--I like the people taking time to register at the REU forums. At least 3 new people from over here registered and posted: we need more!
--Screenshots will be posted to the website VERY soon.

As always, any questions please post over there. DON'T POST THEM HERE!
PS: Anyone want the 0.97 to be released to the public? E-mail dark_photon@maillite.com and tell him to do it!
Seeya!