Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glaice

Inter-name level text

Where would I find the font that's used for the intermission map names from the Doom games?

use wintex, its in the doom.wad/doom2.wad file. And, i *believe* you can use a zdoom mapinfo.lmp to switch intermission level names. Not sure tho.

I do use Wintex, but I don't use ZDoom, I use Legacy as a primary editing platform and Doomsday for single player games

Zell said:

use wintex, its in the doom.wad/doom2.wad file. And, i *believe* you can use a zdoom mapinfo.lmp to switch intermission level names. Not sure tho.

Actually, it isn't in Doom/Doom2 wad. In those games the level names have their own graphics already spelled out, so you'd have to extract them and cut them up in your graphics program.

Edit: Graf Zahl beat me to it.

In Zdoom, you are correct, you can just type the names into MAPINFO and Zdoom generates them from its own font in Zdoom.wad. The font is a compiled lump, but if you want the graphic originally used to make the lump you can get it from the Zdoom ftp.

http://zdoom.org/files/utils/imagetool.zip

The graphic is grey, but Zdoom can apply colour translations to it to make it appear almost any colour you want. If you want it to be a different colour in another port, you'd have to edit the graphic yourself.

Graf Zahl said:

Seems to be your fate today... ;-D

Yup, that makes 4 times in about 3/4 of an hour. O_o