Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

deus ex 2: invisible war

well, there's been plenty of threads about hl2 and doom3, and i thought i'd mention this one since it's still the game i'm looking forward to most. even if it is hidden from the spotlight in their lumbering shadows.

ign recently did a preview of it and there's some new shots here (taken with the xbox version, although who actually cares that much about appearance in a deus game anyway).

warren spector, who designed the first game, is only acting as an executive producer on this one, but at least he's there for quality control. most of the rest of the original staff is still working on it, so there's no doubt in my mind this one will be at least as richly designed as the original.

so, for speculation, what do you guys think will be going on here? the first game ended with several different options for victory. it looks like you're not going to be jc denton this time around, you're alex, the computer guy, instead. interesting indeed.

oh, and apparently the preview mentions that it'll take place in which all three endings from the first game occur, rather than just a single one. crazy.

Scabbed Angel said:

What is the appeal of Deus ex?

it's probably the most interactive fps to date, and the only one i know of that has a developed plot that goes along with the game. you can also avoid combat if you want by being sneaky, in fact apparently in deus ex 2 you can avoid fighting altogether if you're really fucking sneaky.

Deus Ex is in my top-five list of favorite games, along with Doom, Half-Life, Super Mario 3 and Metal Slug 3. Because it offers amazing depth, variety of gameplay and the freedom to approach situations as you wish. Though it's funny how a game that offers you so many choices can still turn out pretty linear.

Deus Ex 2 looks very, very interesting. It's right behind HL2 on my wishlist.

Still haven't played the first one, depsite all the great things I hear about it D:

The appeal of DX is that it is more than just another first person shooter. If you play it comparing it to half life or unreal, you wont be doing it justice. Because really if you strip everything else away, the actual first person shooting part is pants.

I hope the enemies are not braindead like the last game.
EDIT: ooops my bad I ment to say are not braindead

sargebaldy said:

it looks like you're not going to be jc denton this time around, you're alex, the computer guy, instead. interesting indeed.

Apparently, depending on your actions, you may end up fighting JC...

Anyway I'm really looking forward to Deus Ex 2, but no way near as much as I am Thief 3 :)

sargebaldy said:

it looks like you're not going to be jc denton this time around, you're alex, the computer guy, instead.

Whupsy, someone got confused!

From all the reports I've heard, in DX2 you play a clone of JC's DNA, called "Alex D.". The character's gender is up to the player.

And fighting JC should be really rather cool.

I played Deus Ex, for about ten minutes. Not to say I didn't like it, I enjoyed what little I played, but the weapons were really, really useless, and I got no enjoyment about sneaking around, only to get seen for some moronic reason. The Depth of the game was amazing though, and I do regret not playing through it. Perhaps Deus Ex 2 will be the one I complete.

I've always found the concept of multiple endings to be a great idea too, I never see it enough.

Trasher][ said:
Whupsy, someone got confused!

From all the reports I've heard, in DX2 you play a clone of JC's DNA, called "Alex D.". The character's gender is up to the player.

oops, by alex i thought that meant the computer guy. my bad. so the 'D' is for denton?

DarkWolf said:

I've never played Deus Ex. But I'm gussing that it probably has nothing to do with a deus e machina.

actually, that is the whole situation behind the game. at the end u understand the whole deus ex machina thing. the meaning of god from a machine holds somewhat true in the game, and i dont wanna say more to spoil it for someone who hasnt played it