Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

doom3 on ebay? WTF?

Recommended Posts

that's right, while searching to buy myself a new copy of doom and doom 2, i found an action promising doom3. i'm not going to link it unless i get the say so from a mod (it's got about 15 hours left) but i'm just noting this so we can marvel over the stupidity of some people. i'm not gonna buy it, my computer couldn't run it.

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe It's Final Doom, but they are just calling it Doom3 for short cause they take it as being the 3rd doom for the computer.
Could happen. :D

Share this post


Link to post

Heh. Maybe it's that one guy who tried to sell it to me 2 years ago. His fucking copy of GTA3 never worked.

Share this post


Link to post

dn you're gonna have to remove that swastika from your avatar, some could potentially find it offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
darknation said:

I don't think the original doom would be listed with supercomputer recommended specs.


Unless you lie of course. But then, no one has ever lied on Ebay before.

Share this post


Link to post
Cyb said:

dn you're gonna have to remove that swastika from your avatar, some could potentially find it offensive.


I find the avatar quite funny, even though I'm part german and polish

Share this post


Link to post

I'm 75% German and I love it!

Of course, all my ancestors had migrated to America by the late 1800's, but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't find it offensive either, I'm just pointing out that some (who perhaps don't want to make a big deal of it) might find it offensive.

and don't be retarded, of course someone could find doom offensive, but I highly doubt they'd posting on a doom forum, so that's an irrelevant point.

Share this post


Link to post

The swastika doesn't really mean anything alone, it's when you start verbally abusing people in a 'nazi-esque' way that it becomes offensive. I guess people could get anal about the swastika though

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting...

http://www.albertlowe.com/genswa.html

http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/japanpage/themanji.htm

(Worth looking at the photos accessible from the front page of that link - http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/japanpage/favorite.htm -. Looks odd to see kids and buildings displaying what looks like a swastika and not to have any Nazi associations.)

Theres plenty more you can turn up with google.

Share this post


Link to post

My grandmother's university's flag was the swastika. It was a native American symbol. But they changed it after the war. Fucking war...it always changes stuff. Like German toast. The name was changed to French toast during WWI (or maybe WWII). And now it's called freedom toast because the government decided to start hate propaganda against the French. Heh...

Share this post


Link to post

A lot of names were changed because of World War 2 anti-German propaganda. Hamburgers became "meat sandwiches", German shepherds became "police dogs"... Rottweilers and Dacshunds(sp?) they couldn't rename, so the police just gathered them up and shot them. :(

Share this post


Link to post
IMJack said:

A lot of names were changed because of World War 2 anti-German propaganda. Hamburgers became "meat sandwiches", German shepherds became "police dogs"... Rottweilers and Dacshunds(sp?) they couldn't rename, so the police just gathered them up and shot them. :(

What the fuck? That's messed up.

Interestingly enough, my Mom had two Dacshunds while growing up. :)

Share this post


Link to post

This kid I know has Doom 3. It says DOOM 3 on the box. It's actually a bunch of doom wads.

Share this post


Link to post

Frankfurter became "hot dog". I don't find the swastica partiularly offensive. It wouldn't be offensive to a nazi. Perhaps I just don't give a shit. Who knows, that could be. Why is darknation's title "loser"?

Share this post


Link to post

We still have our hamburgers and German shepherds as far as I can tell.

Anyone who changes their symbols, names and whatnot around just because of a bunch of war propaganda is being completely silly. It's a type of reverse hate propaganda and when you think about it, governments that support that kind of thinking are just making themselves look pretty sad. I think I'll now go on a lifelong crusade to stop this kind of bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Aliotroph? said:

We still have our hamburgers and German shepherds as far as I can tell.

Anyone who changes their symbols, names and whatnot around just because of a bunch of war propaganda is being completely silly. It's a type of reverse hate propaganda and when you think about it, governments that support that kind of thinking are just making themselves look pretty sad. I think I'll now go on a lifelong crusade to stop this kind of bullshit.


Yeah...good luck with that.

DC

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×