Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyb

It's Not Late, It's Aged (Like Cheese)

While we're at it, why not have mice and rats?
Or pet cats and pet dogs?

Having little angry rats move up to you and bite you without you noticing what it is that drains your health no matter where you look, ooh yess that would rock.

Ultraviolet said:

Actually, ONE cockroach in Doom 3 would be kinda cool. It could scamper across the hall just as you're about to walk into a major shitstorm... just a way of pointing out that something is amiss. Maybe you could even track it afterward and it could lead you to a secret. However, this should only ever be used once.

thats an awesome idea

dsm said:

Heh, there could be a cute cat that all of a suddent morphs into an Arch-Vile or something :P

Fredrik said:

Heh, there could be a cute cat that all of a suddent morphs into an Arch-Vile or something :P

SWEET I WANT ME SOME OF THAT

dsm said:

While we're at it, why not have mice and rats?

Why not? Cptn. Archer had a beagle on Enterprise.

Well there are certain things you do that are very "game-y," to appeal to the gameplayers, and then there are also suspense areas where we have long areas of the game simply building up to something. So it's not simply "every room's going to have a monster in it, and the next room's going to have a monster," but we'll get that balanced and tweaked. We have scenes that play out that have action sequences, and scenes that are gross-out sequences, so hopefully we'll have enough variation with that. Scary movies aren't scary the whole time, but they do have some cool moments.

Eck. Sounds like Half-life to me. Is anyone else feeling concerns that Doom 3 might be drifting too far from an action game?

Enjay said:

Another thing scary movies do, that Stephen King described as something like "the 20 foot cockroach effect". If you tell an audience there is a 20 foot cockroach at the door and leave it to their imagination they are like "OMG, THERE'S A 20 FOOT COCKROACH AT THE DOOR" but if you show them a special effect of a 20 foot cockroach at the door they are like "oh look, it's a 20 foot cockroach". Lets hope Doom3 manages to throw a little of that into the mix too.

No, not a cockroach. o_O

Actually, yeah, I can imagine a cool situation. You're walking down a dark corridor (is there any other kind in Doom 3?) and all of a sudden you hear a roar and pounding...then a corpse flies through a hole in the ceiling or something and then like, for 5 levels, you keep hearing this roaring and pounding and shit, then you meet the creature that makes it...mwhahahaha

Disorder said:

This thread is full of bad ideas, we might as well have strippers in Doom 3.

Yes, soon doom 3 will have a Stripperella mod...

Draconio said:

Is anyone else feeling concerns that Doom 3 might be drifting too far from an action game?

I'm beginning to fear that yes, but I'm still praying that it won't be the case in the end result.

Arioch said:

And when you kill those strippers, pig cops teleport in and start shooting at you with shotguns.

Shake it baby.
Shake it baby.
Shake it baby.

You wanna dance?

Sign in to follow this