Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

make a game, and dont beta test

well my brother bought this game. made by noobish game group, or crack monkeys.

he loaded on his laptop only to get killed with fatal errors when it used 3d mode.
well i thought it was only a small bug and had to do with directg x

anyways i was wrong:

list of know issues with game
lack of save feature, WTF!

will NOT run in any winNT based system, or will run for a small amount of time before crashing.

Slow and sluggish play, bad programing and file structure. every event is in a cfg(like when to generate fog and such) instead of in the executable part. and each even is a cfg file.

gameplay is buggy, movement is horrible and it just is plain bad.

what game could be so horrible, no not even daikatana was this bad, the history channles: civil war game, however catdaddygames is the group who made the damned thing. also i looked at version number .92

come on if u make a game do beta testing! and dont release the final project when it is still beta or even beta quaility

meh, everyonce in a while something that seems small at first takes off with a bang, and it helps if it's actually a quality people would buy, not some piece of shit even i could make.

i thought this was going to be about enter the matrix.

Hey Sephiroth, what is the name of this game? Tell us so we can avoid it :)

Sounds like King's Quest VIII. They decided to do it in 3D. Looks like it uses a mod of Quake. Really neat looking game for it's time with nice gameplay somewhere between FPS and RPG. Unfortunately it almost never runs right, is prone to crashes, has features that were never implemented (dynamic lights) and even with patches I ran into an area of the game where it hung in cinematic mode and I was stuck. On top of all that, it has slow load times for such an old game.

Also sounds like Transarctica/Arctic Baron. Very, VERY cool concept, and a fun game. Basicaly what it's about is that you're on a train on a post-apocalyptic Earth and you collect soldiers and war mammoths and car-mounted turrets such for your train and you go around fighting the evil Imperial trains or whatever so you can free the world. Its a lot less stupid than it sounds.

Unfortunately, every time you try to repair your train or get past a few certain obstacles you need to pass to beat the game, it crashes and writes 'ERROR' an infinite number of times on your screen in French. Thus it is completely unplayable. I with they had made a patch of it or something, though this was made in the days before many people had internet, so it wouldnt have helped anyone very much.