Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

The Hell Revealed... IN MY PANTS

Hooray for incoherent headlines that make no sense! Oh yeah, so the Hell Revealed II page was updated after a long, long, long, long, long time of not being updated (I don't recall the last update, and Andy has cleverly removed it as to not tip anyone off) with some awesome news and some awesome new screenshots:

For now, enjoy the 31 new hi-res screenshots. The next update will include the final release and it will appear before we hit 2004. I think this project has been in production long enough, don't you?

So get your butt over there to check out the screenshots. Awesome. Thanks to Andy Olivera for the heads up (he's also the maintainer of the project now, by the way, so it makes sense that he's guy who told us I guess).

yay the sequel to my least favorite megawad is still commencing! i just hope cyb gets to work on doomjr2 sometime soon!

anyway i'm looking forward to it.

Holy crap! This must be some sort of mistake :-P

And wow, look at the fucking action in those shots man! HARD-FUCKING-CORE! All kidding aside, I'm sure this HR II will be just as a big of a pain in the ass as HR was (and that's a good thing)

Wow, Hell Revealed 2. God, I don't even care. You see, I'm the kind of person who'd probably be dead somewhere in the "init refresh daemon" stage of loading it. I'd never even survive long enough to see the title screen, so what's the point? Sorry, I'm just not a fan of the ultra-hard type levels. I'm good, but not great.

I don't recall the last update, and Andy has cleverly removed it as to not tip anyone off

Actually, I removed it for three reasons. One, there's no history section. Two, there wasn't anything terribly important in there. Three, and most importantly, the old update only had a month and date and I couldn't remember what year it was posted(probably 2001)... :-)

Sorry, I'm just not a fan of the ultra-hard type levels. I'm good, but not great.

That's what skill levels are for, and they happen to be well-implemented in the new version. Skill 2 should be somewhere between DooM2 and Plutonia on UV. There's no novice setting, but you don't have to be a DooMGod to beat it.

sargebaldy said:

yay the sequel to my least favorite megawad is still commencing! i just hope cyb gets to work on doomjr2 sometime soon!

anyway i'm looking forward to it.

right, after I finish massm3

AHA!!! this is where those sky textures went. I had forgotten which project I donated them to. They look pretty good too. Go me!

NiGHTMARE said:

Heh, I gather the HR2 team are fond of brick textures :)

bricks, wood & rusty metal = kickass

sargebaldy said:

heh, like tantrum? <3

haha, yeah :-) I fell in love with the style back then and it's still my favourite. If I ever release anything again, it'll probably be brick/wood/metal.

DooMBoy said:

Sweet, what's next, Millennium gets released? :)

Haha, remember that time L00t was calling in all the unfinished stuff to supposedly release it that month?

Ultraviolet said:

Haha, remember that time L00t was calling in all the unfinished stuff to supposedly release it that month?

Heheh, yeah, I remember that. That's been, what, a year or so ago now? :P

DooMBoy said:

Sweet, what's next, Millennium gets released? :)

Nah, Mock 2's next...

Still, it'd be great to see HR2 finished - even better would be to see it released and play it. (hope it has the same kick-ass music as the first one)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

(hope it has the same kick-ass music as the first one)

If not, then doom2 -file hr2.wad hrmus.wad is always possible.

BTW, I take it you are aware that the music is from ROTT, so it was a slightly lazy (if kick-ass) solution by YD and HN.