Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

What other games are you waiting for?

I've been listening to the first whispers of Fallout 3, but other than that, not much.

Skeletor said:

damn does anybody know how to put images in? it says my [img]code is off but its on....

If you're trying to put an image in your sig, don't bother. Sorry.

Halo for PC, Half Life 2... that's it really. I need to get my hands on a copy of Shadows of Undrentide at some point too.

Lots!

PC:

Thief 3 (more so that either Doom 3 or HL 2! ;) )
Deus Ex 2
Arx Fatalis 2
Dungeon Siege 2
Judge Dredd: Dredd versu Death
American McGee's Oz
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Call of Duty
Medal of Honour Pacific Assault
C&C Generals: Zero Hour
Starwars: Jedi Academy
Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic
Sam 'n' Max 2

PS2:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
Fatal Frame 2
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Ico 2 (aka Nico)
Maximo 2: The Army of Zin
Jak 2
Ratchet & Clank 2
Star Trek: Shattered Universe

The game I am looking forward to most is Final Fantasy X-2 so I can hijack the delivery trucks that carry the release copies, tie them together, and drive them directly into the president of squaresoft while screaming WHAT WERE YOU THINKING YOU MONEY SUCKING JORK LOL. Really, that is one horrible idea for a game. I mean, a direct sequel to a FF? Come on. And why don't they have any of the classic elements of FF anymore? Moogles? Chocobos? Black Mages? I am insulted.

Oh, and I'm patiently waiting for the sequel to Amplitude.

Tapan Kaikki Bloodshed
Dogma

Not games per se, but I'm also waiting on Windows ports of Duke Nukem 3D and Rise of the Triad. Or barring that, at least that DosBox gets the functions it needs to emulate them. I'm not sure which is more likely to come first but I'm thinking the source ports.

And also Freedoom, although I'm not sure quite what to categorize that under.

Skeletor said:

damn does anybody know how to put images in? it says my [img]code is off but its on....

[img] code is disabled for signatures.

PC:

Other than Doom3, nothing.

GCN:

Sonic Heroes
Metroid Prime 2

GBA:

Sonic Battle
Metroid: Zero Mission

PS2:

DBZ Budokai 2

As you can tell, I'm a very picky gamer. :P

THere's a difference between X-2 and XII? Bah, semantics.

I'm awaiting Doom 3, somewhat. As soon as I get a P-4 maybe. :)

Windows Ports of Duke NUkem 3d are already out. Try JonoF's port. Jduke. Do a search for JonoF, that should do it. Jduke doesn't work.

Anyway, I can't think of too many games. MAybe Parasite EVe 3 if it ever comes out. LOL.

OF course, I'll be older than Phobos and Deimos by then, but still. "You fail it"

Halo 2
Super Mario Kart: Double Dash
Quake 4
Sonic Heroes
Apocalyptica

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Duke Nukem Forever
Deus Ex 2
Arx Fatalis II
Dungeon Siege 2
Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna
American McGee's Oz
Enclave II
Halo (for PC)
Quake 4
The Bloody Magic

I want Sonic Battle to come out, mainly... and more Castlevania for the GBA, dammit. Aria of Sorrow finally got it -right-, even though they pulled many cheap shots for enemy animations (rotating skull dude... yawn), considering many of them were originals and not re-sprites... it's understandable.

Mainly, I like portable games more, as I can play them during breaks at work =\.

Unless Doom 3 has the same odd "thing" the originals had... I don't think I'd get it. If a game has good physics, kay. Graphics, okay. Music, sure. But, it all has to combine to make it strong and truly great. I'm not sure Doom 3 has that ability, at least to me personally. Many games lack the feel of just being great anymore. They have good concepts, but lack something... Aria of Sorrow was weak in places, too. Nothing's totally perfect.

fallout 3. that day of the mutants game looks pretty neato, too, but fallout 3 is definitely where it's at.

AresGodofWAR said:

THere's a difference between X-2 and XII? Bah, semantics.

X-2 is 10-2 (or 10.5 if you like), and XII is 12.

BTW it's all very well to want Fallout 3, but it's only a rumour that it's being made. There's a console Fallout game being made, but that's only as much Fallout 3 as Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is Baldur's Gate 3 (i.e. pretty much the only thing they have in common is that they're set in the same place).

1. deus ex 2
2. american mcgee's oz
3. civilization III - conquests
4. half life 2

damn those are the only incoming games i care about in the least. although i could name plenty of doom wads i'm looking forward to.