Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

What other games are you waiting for?

Back on topic:
I'm looking forward to HL2's release - mostly because it'll let me see if it's actually gonna interest me or not.
So far, I think all the gameplay stuff in Half Life 2 sounds really cool, but the concept has zero interest here (you play as a scientist, you play in a semi-modern future with soldiers that look like soldiers and either weapons that are copied off of real life or organic alien weapons - neither of these things appeal to me).

Really sucks that they pushed back the release date - but that was pretty much to be expected and it's not like it comes as a surprise.

Quake IV is another game I'm looking forward, but my interest in it will depend on what the gameplay will be like - if I hear that they add AI team mates, it's gonna kill a large part of my interest.

Blood 3 I'm looking forward to as well...What? They ain't planning on making a Blood 3? Bah!

sargebaldy said:

um, are you actually serious?

uh, except that all had completely different monsters, items, textures, locales, and storylines, sure. but the commander keen era also only lasted about a year, not a full decade before they got bored with it.

Catacombs 3D uses 16 colours and Wolfenstein 3D uses 256 colours, so there's 240 colours extra. Quake 1 still uses 256 colours (in the original software mode anyway), while IIRC Quake 2 uses a minimum of 16,000 colours, meaning there's 15,744 colours extra. So yes, there's a much bigger difference, even if you can't really tell.

Of course, the more question is, who gives a crap what they look like? I was referring how they play, which any true gamer knows is the most important thing! The Keens all play almost exactly the same, and Catacomb 3D plays far more like Wolf 3D than Quake 1 does Quake 2.

Shaviro said:

Are you denying that good graphics/physics will help on the immersiveness?

Of course they'll help, but they're not vital in order for a game to be immersive.

NiGHTMARE said:

Quake 1 still uses 256 colours (in the original software mode anyway), while IIRC Quake 2 uses a minimum of 16,000 colours, meaning there's 15,744 colours extra. So yes, there's a much bigger difference, even if you can't really tell.

Er no, Quake 2 uses 256 colors too in software mode. 65536 colors in 16-bit hardware mode and 16777216 colors in 24-bit hardware mode.

Fredrik said:

Er no, Quake 2 uses 256 colors too in software mode.

Quake 2 has a software mode? Damn, I forgot it was that old... :)

ultima X is planned? add that to my list then. although i still haven't played ultima IX and ultima VIII was awful, so.. hope it turns out good.