Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nostra

favorite Doom song

I like best the song from Doom 1 level 2. Even though this song fits well as background music for Doom, it reminds me more of a 1960's style surf music. Yes, the kind of music surfers on the big Pacific waves would listen to.

Most of Doom's music is quite good (while I like only one or two midis from Doom 2). It's hard to choose a favorite, but if I did, it would probably be either E2M6 or E2M7.

Spawning Vats and Halls of the Damned had good tracks. There were a couple in-city tracks in Doom2 that had good beats as well.

Doom 1: E1M5 and E1M7
Doom 2: Map05 (D_Doom)

Overall much of Doom2's music was truly awful. Normally I use an additional WAD with Doom1 music when I play it.

UDoom : E1M1 (just gotta love those freaking opening riffs...)
DOOM2: There were about 3 i liked =p. I probaly liked Citadels music the best tho.

ExMy -all

Doom 2 music can suck my ass.

Possibly the asbolute best ever? E1M6 without a doubt.

heh i think we all agree..DOOM 2's MUSIC SUCKS ASS! :) man i do what Graf Zahl does...i just load up a pwad with all dooms music when i wanna play doom 2 =/ they really should have tooken there time and made real music and quite possibly (levels) that were cool. I don't know about you guys, but doom2 levels were just to big and epmty, they could have done much better.

Ichor said:

I do like the music from map 28 though.

Yes, that one's good. Another one of my favorites. But only on modern wavetable sound cards. With vanilla Doom on my old Soundblaster several channels didn't play and it sounded truly awful.

Doom 1: E1M2
Doom 2: Music really sucks... D_EVIL, I guess...
Heretic: E1M1
Hexen: Can't decide. :S
Doom 3: Don't know :P

Well, I've already mentioned Doom and Doom 2. Now, as for Heretic, well, I'd go with E1M6. Hexen's music is a whole lot harder to decide on, since there's so many excellent ones to choose from. I'll pick Fortr, with Cryptr, Chap_2r (not used in the game, by the way), and Wobabyr tied for a close second.

Ichor said:

Well, I've already mentioned Doom and Doom 2. Now, as for Heretic, well, I'd go with E1M6. Hexen's music is a whole lot harder to decide on, since there's so many excellent ones to choose from. I'll pick Fortr, with Cryptr, Chap_2r (not used in the game, by the way), and Wobabyr tied for a close second.

Heh, I love a whole lot of Heretic's music. It just suits the game really, really well. Except for a couple tracks, that is.
As for Zell's comments on how Doom2's levels coulda/woulda/shoulda been better, yes, they could have. Unfortunately, more or less the whole of Doom2 was a rush job, and it shows.

Zell said:

heh i think we all agree..DOOM 2's MUSIC SUCKS ASS!

Maybe it's me, but I like most part of Doom 2's soundtrack. Although I have to agree that Doom's soundtrack is better.

DOOM: The Intermission Music (I forget what E3 level that was in)
DOOM 2: ... Not very many good tracks here... maybe Map04, or maybe even Map08 I'm not too sure.

The intermission music was good, but it just didn't fit as background music for some reason (maybe it's because I've always thought of it as intermission music). I usually just use IDMUS to change it.

Ichor said:

The intermission music was good, but it just didn't fit as background music for some reason (maybe it's because I've always thought of it as intermission music). I usually just use IDMUS to change it.

yeah i agree with that. it was too heavy to use for an actual map, although it worked nicely for the intermission.