Ultraviolet

What makes a good pizza?

Python_Junkie said:

YOU VEGAN!!!!

*grabs torch and pitchfork*

Who's with me????

Not I :P

1. Lots of mozzie cheese.
2. Lots of proscuito, calzone sausage, genuine Italian pepperoni, none of this American bollocks.
3. A very VERY thin crust, authentically stone-baked for 20-25 minutes.
4. Sun dried tomatoes in the paste.
5. Basil, oregano, some thyme.

for me, a pizza just doesn't taste the same until i've locked a bomb around the neck of the middle-aged delivery guy and given him explicit instructions to rob a bank.

Small slices of ham and (melted!) cheese - that's the base form of my favorite pizza.
To make it a little more interesting, add some shrimps and some sort of spice.

That soft crust stuffed with cheese - not the cheap supermarket ones, I mean the proper chef rolled ones;

1 Pepperoni
2 Salami
3 Spicy beef
4 Spicy pork
5 Green peppers
6 Chilli peppers
7 Mozzarella
8 Extra tomato on the base
9 Extra garnishy stuff - say maybe mushrooms
10 No anchovies

Melfice said:

And as usual, mom freakin mom forgot how to go to the store. Gah!

At least she only forgot. Sounds like you don't even know how to. :-P

Papa John's is pretty damn good, imo. You can get to extra large pepperoni pizzas for $15 -- plus it comes with 2 large jalepenos in each box, as well as a thing of awesome garlic butter sauce for dipping the crust. Not sure if it's a local franchise, though.

mewse said:

for me, a pizza just doesn't taste the same until i've locked a bomb around the neck of the middle-aged delivery guy and given him explicit instructions to rob a bank.

not funny, i live in erie =p
(the place where the guy did the above ^^^...but hey we got on americas most wanted so...
im like 3 miles away from where he blew up too....i think it was right up on peach street)...

Grazza said:

No meat, no broccoli.

Mozzarrella

Python_Junkie said:

YOU VEGAN!!!!

Who's with me????

Main Entry: veg·an
Pronunciation: 'vE-g&n also 'vA- also 've-j&n or -"jan
Function: noun
: a strict vegetarian who consumes no animal food or dairy products;

Job said:

Papa John's is pretty damn good, imo. You can get to extra large pepperoni pizzas for $15 -- plus it comes with 2 large jalepenos in each box, as well as a thing of awesome garlic butter sauce for dipping the crust. Not sure if it's a local franchise, though.

<3 Papa John's. And their goodness is pretty uniform across the country.

IMJack said:

<3 Papa John's. And their goodness is pretty uniform across the country.

Yeah... their initially popularizing ad-campaign was being fresher and healthier (implied) than Pizza Hut. Too bad all I've got here at the house is Ramen noodles and no money... *sigh* I'll ask my sister if she feels like ordering a pizza. Heh. She's always up for that.

Zell said:

not funny, i live in erie =p
(the place where the guy did the above ^^^...but hey we got on americas most wanted so...
im like 3 miles away from where he blew up too....i think it was right up on peach street)...

i only brought it up because i can't think of pizza now without thinking of that guy. i can't believe they couldn't save him, it was so awful. it seems to be a rare thing lately that i'm supportive of the US government but i really want them to catch whoever did it because it was a sick, sick idea.

mewse said:

i only brought it up because i can't think of pizza now without thinking of that guy. i can't believe they couldn't save him, it was so awful. it seems to be a rare thing lately that i'm supportive of the US government but i really want them to catch whoever did it because it was a sick, sick idea.

yeah luckly no one got hurt(at least thats what the news said) besides well him...but i dun wnat this attention we are right off a lake what if the terriosts get an idea. =/
and i agree it was a sick idea.

When I was at uni, there was a pizza place around the corner that between 6pm and 10pm did two 10 inch pizzas for £5 ($8)! They were damned delicious too :)

Pizzas I like are all regular-crust (never had Chicago style and I hate New York style). My favorite pizza places are Papa Murphey's, Papa Bill's (local place), and any other independant pizza place. I absolutely abhor Pizza Hut. Filthy grease pies is all they serve there. I don't really have a favorite flavor, but these are the ones I like to get the most:

- Hawaiian
- Sausage and mushrooms
- Supreme (meaning anything with at least peppers, mushrooms, sausage and at least three other toppings...except olive...olives arent good on pizza).
- Anything with lots of toppings (see above).
- Anything with garlic sauce (preferably chicken)
- Anything with mushrooms (my favorite food)
- Greek pizza (mmm...goat cheese!)
- Theres this one pizza at Papa Bill's that has garlic sauce, a ton of toppings, then is topped with crust (so everything is insiade) which is in turn sprinkeled with parmesan. Can't remember it's name, but its great.

And other than olives and Pizza Hut, the only other thing I don't like pizza-wise is barbeque chicken. I had that once and it was horrid.

Python_Junkie said:

Wanna fight? I should warn you that I am fully trained in self-defence against a man armed with a sprig of broccoli. ;)

On a vaguely related note, I recently came across some green parrots that probably would pine for the fiords.

NiGHTMARE said:

When I was at uni, there was a pizza place around the corner that between 6pm and 10pm did two 10 inch pizzas for £5 ($8)! They were damned delicious too :)

Hell yes, the UK totally rocks when it comes to value-for-money food! Well, compared with Norway, at least.

Just no cheese or little fishies.

What? I'm allergic to milk proteins, not lactose, so there's no chamical additives to circumvent becoming ill.

As for the anchovies, I really don't like food which stares at me....

Grazza said:

Wanna fight? I should warn you that I am fully trained in self-defence against a man armed with a sprig of broccoli. ;)

What about point-ed sticks? :P

Cecillia said:

They don't put on an ENTIRE fish, you fool.

Job said:

Nope, there are two here, both staffed exclusively with illegal immigrants.

Cecillia said:

I'm never taking you hunting then. :P

ANYTHING BUT ONIONS, PINEAPPLES, OR ANCHOVIES!!!

Whoops, left capslock on.

Anyway, I like just about any pizza, as long as it doesn't have anything stated above. I really like that Stuffed Crust Gold thing from Pizza Hut, too.