Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Russell_P

Increase in forum traffic?

Recommended Posts

There are currently 13 members and 15 guests on the boards.

I don't think I've ever seen that many guests before. I can't possibly imagine what's drawing them here ;)...it can't be the witty conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
IMJack said:

New Doom 3 screenshots today.


Why, when i read that, do I get an image in my mind of Mr Gumby (or whatever the character was called) from monty python.

NEW....DOOM....3....SCREEN.....SHOTS...............TODAY!

Share this post


Link to post

Sometimes we get webcrawlers roaming through here in groups of 8-12 guests. I usually IP ban them but there's one that somehow works around the bans.

Share this post


Link to post

Search engine web spiders. They archive web pages into a search engine like Google. The forums have their own search feature so we don't need these wasting bandwidth archiving every last link and function on the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Lüt said:

Search engine web spiders. They archive web pages into a search engine like Google. The forums have their own search feature so we don't need these wasting bandwidth archiving every last link and function on the forums.

[evil font]DESTROY THEM[/evil font]

wait till doom3 comes out, then we'll have a lotta people on these bords. w00t!

Share this post


Link to post

I hate webcrawlers/web spiders, how the hell does a web spider work using the internet, that something that puzzles me.

Share this post


Link to post

i remember that one time we had a world record of 30 people on the forums once. Ah yes...the Day of the Title Giving. For a while there, 80% of all the titles people had were from that day. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Arioch said:

I should do that robots.txt thing then ...

Yeah wtf, the last robots.txt was like

PORN
BRITNEY SPEARS NUDE PICS

Share this post


Link to post
Fredrik said:

Yeah wtf, the last robots.txt was like

PORN
BRITNEY SPEARS NUDE PICS

Which would have been useless in the extreme.

Share this post


Link to post
the_Danarchist said:

i remember that one time we had a world record of 30 people on the forums once. Ah yes...the Day of the Title Giving. For a while there, 80% of all the titles people had were from that day. :P


I think there was more than that at the custom title contest.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×