Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
5hfifty

What projects are in progress and need mappers right now?

Post here if you've begun a mapping project and need mappers(or other things). I map better when it's for something and people tell me what to do. Heh.

I would start my own project but i wouldn't really be able to start it, as in make a map so I can show screenshots and crap.

Isn't there a place where people can post projects that need help, and others can go visit that area to see what needs help? I could have sworn there was...

let's see... wasn't mordeth looking for new mappers? heh

or if that's beyond your skill, then um, i dunno. i'd suggest flashback and freedoom but both of those are doom-remake style too.

If you feel like tinkering with custom Thing#'s, talk to lizardcommando about mapping for Lizard's Legacy. I'm making a map for it right now. There's all sorts of possibilities with it!

I hope that more people try to make levels for it. It's a really fun mod.

And then Mock 4 - To Obscurity and Beyond

But first we need Mock 2 to be released.

a mock3 hasn't been planned. if things go as were planned, mock pi will be the mock2 dm equivalant (for boom) and mock2-2 will be the sequel to mock2. mock2 is basically done and will be released whenever hyena can get back :/

5hfifty, before you start offering to help with someone else's new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have seen something first (screenshots, map downloads, etc.). Keep in mind you've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I don't need mapping help with ldoom but mangadoom will require a few mappers, zdoom mappers that is.

Dunbar said:

I hope that more people try to make levels for it. It's a really fun mod.

Note to self: Download latest version

The Ultimate DooMer said:

5hfifty, before you start offering to help with someone else's new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have seen something first (screenshots, map downloads, etc.). Keep in mind you've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

AARGH! I hate it how people spam with that stupid quote! >B(

m0l0t0v said:

BTW, what's the status of D:E and FreeDoom?

d:e is about half done, although i'm not sure why i haven't got anything new in awhile. it seems to only grow in spurts for some reason.

If anyone is good with the episode4 style, I'd see someone who will make e4m3, e4m7 or/and e4m9 for Flashback.(I still dunno if espi want to make any of the episode4 maps).

TSTuke said:

AARGH! I hate it how people spam with that stupid quote! >B(

That's Grazza's quote actually...I dug it up from an older thread.

5hfifty: you could always do one map and post a few screenies of that, maybe even release it as a demo - and that will get people interested more.

Actually it's a tag called newproject.

USAGE: (newproject)Hello(/newproject) (replace () with [])

PREVIEW:
Hello, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

5hfifty: you could always do one map and post a few screenies of that, maybe even release it as a demo - and that will get people interested more.

If I could actually complete just a map by myself, I wouldn't even be making this thread.

Ah screw the whole thing. What's a theme? Preferably not tech/base.

I know how it feels to make a huge megawad all by yourself. If anyone remembers DTCA (Doom - The Cyberdemon Army) I've made 19 maps out of 32 for it now, and I've even tampered with my first map. First off I need to finish the maps, then I need to go back and improove them as much as possible. Right now my first map is in its final project form and doesn't need tampering. I wish mapping didn't take so long... I've been working on this project for 2 years now. Such a long time... I don't really want help though, because if I did get help I would have to shout at people to make sure they're maps followed a specific theme and they used these things, and never to replace anything I already have. As you can see I'm in a tight spot, and I'm only 1/3 done Map 18 for DTCA. I have a website I'm working on for it as we speak and I'll post it here when it's ready.

cyber-menace said:

I know how it feels to make a huge megawad all by yourself. If anyone remembers DTCA (Doom - The Cyberdemon Army) I've made 19 maps out of 32 for it now, and I've even tampered with my first map. First off I need to finish the maps, then I need to go back and improove them as much as possible. Right now my first map is in its final project form and doesn't need tampering. I wish mapping didn't take so long... I've been working on this project for 2 years now. Such a long time... I don't really want help though, because if I did get help I would have to shout at people to make sure they're maps followed a specific theme and they used these things, and never to replace anything I already have. As you can see I'm in a tight spot, and I'm only 1/3 done Map 18 for DTCA. I have a website I'm working on for it as we speak and I'll post it here when it's ready.

Heh, do like erik. Throw 31maps togther on about 2-3weeks. :P
Well, he made about 10 first maps on 2days.

Torn said:

Heh, do like erik. Throw 31maps togther on about 2-3weeks. :P
Well, he made about 10 first maps on 2days.

Problem is I don't want them to look like shit. I'm actually going to re-model the first 13...

cyber-menace said:

Problem is I don't want them to look like shit. I'm actually going to re-model the first 13...

Uhm, it is not like scythe look like shit (except map31), they are just small.

Torn said:

Uhm, it is not like scythe look like shit (except map31), they are just small.

Ah, well if you look at my map 32, you'll know I don't think small. It's in the archives somewhere if you wanna see it.

There's always some gaping incomplete spot in Millennium you could try to fill in.