Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeAdLy_cOoKiE

Tool doing a song

I hope this is true!

Tool is an awesome band. Perfect for doing music for a game like Doom III (perhaps ever more so than NIN), since they make very very moody stuff.

Just listen to 'sober' - my #1 favourite of their songs. The lyrics, the sound.... Great stuff...

Again, I hope it's true... Can anyone confirm?....

Doom III + Tool mix very well...

They'd better change their style for the game. I don't want angry emotional metal in Doom 3. I want it to be scary. Maybe they'll do the titlesong, since the game itself will not contain any music.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too - I don't really care to see Tool's style of music in the game itself. A Tool-performed title song could seriously rock-ass, though. Perhaps even music for interludes, like the prelude or the epilogue. Not in-game, though.

Well, I just saw this in a comment on Slashdot:

Some of the ID guys were on the EnterTheGame IRC server a few weeks ago and confirmed that the music is being produced by Trent Reznor.

Well it was all over the net that Trent Reznor bailed out. That he's NOT going to do the music/sfx. Makes no sense Frederik.

I'm pretty sure, if Tool is doing a song, it would be a 'stand-alone' song, not neccesarily with lyrics (if it has lyrics) refering to Doom, but rather in context with the game. I'm confident that they know what they're doing, that they would make it moody - they're speciality - instead of angry, and it'd suit the game very well.

I usually turn off the music in games as well, it's distracting most of the time. Except for a few games, for instance flashback (old amiga game), which made the game perfect - it was used in cut-scenes mostly. But I'm very pleased with the music in Halflife 2, it sets the mood just perfectly.

I hope that the title music is something memorable, like the original Doom's, where whenever you hear it you immediately get psyched for combat on Mars. Maybe it's just me, but those 5 seconds of music that play at the title still make me giddy and ready to shoot demons.

DeAdLy_cOoKiE said:

Well it was all over the net that Trent Reznor bailed out. That he's NOT going to do the music/sfx. Makes no sense Frederik.

Well, it was all over the net that HL 2 is gonna be released on September 30. But look at what happens now...

According to these news, Tool is only doing *one* track - it's still very likely that Trent is doing the rest, since it hasn't been confirmed by iD that he bailed out.

When Doom 3 was first announced, I was wondering what doom 3 would sound like with Tool doing the music..... heh

Oh, Lateralus (the album) isn't "anger metal".

Sheesh, One rumour about Trent quitting goes uncomfirmed/Denied for a couple of months, and now it's fact? Come on, are you serious?

If Tool do the Title track it'll be interesting. I hate tool personally, yet find APC semi decent occasionally. It'd be interesting to see what music they'll do for doom. I doubt they'll do the title track. Remember that Reznor and Maynard are supposed to be working together on Tapeworm, perhaps Reznor suggested to the idders that Tool might make some good tracks.

LorD BaZTArD said:

Remember that Reznor and Maynard are supposed to be working together on Tapeworm, perhaps Reznor suggested to the idders that Tool might make some good tracks.

i heard that maynard in tapeworm went south since he was preforming tapeworm songs while on tour with APC and trent wasnt too cool with that

id stated that the D3 music is going to be mostly "Ambient"(I guess id's finally taking it's Q from William Ent. for DOOM psx/N64) and also "sequencual". meaning there's going to be warning music that something BAD about to happen, like in horror flix.

I'd have to say id's taste when it comes to music has been always the best. NiN and TooL...two of my favorite musicians. Looking more and more forward to hear the actual sounds and music of the game...