Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

trust content from gator

comic, to see that message if u go to newgrounds or a number of other sites.

personaly i hate gator, it is spyware and i have known people who downloaded it on purpose. removing it can be a bitch, even with adware. and it screws with networking and dial ups. if u use msconfig and dont let it run at boot it puts junk numbers in your dial up connection.

what other spyware applications are also just as nasty. personaly this shit needs outlawed

Wow. For once, I agree with you.

Targeted advertising (Ezula TopText, Gator, WhenUSave/SaveNow, etc) drives me nuts. It's all just shitty malware and I agree wholeheartedly - it should be completely banned, along with spam. I mean sure, lots of people make their livings based on this stuff, but by the same logic, I should be allowed to make my living cementing large billboards right in front of people's windows. Because it's the same damnable thing.

auxois said:

It's all just shitty malware and I agree wholeheartedly - it should be completely banned, along with spam. I mean sure, lots of people make their livings based on this stuff, but by the same logic, I should be allowed to make my living cementing large billboards right in front of people's windows. Because it's the same damnable thing.

That is the greatest analogy ever.

Yes, I reckon 99.99% of people hate this crap. The only thing I find more intrusive is junk faxes. That rings your phone and wastes your own paper and ink too.

just scaned brother laptop. found gator and a bunch more. they where not allowing me to use the shared hard drive on the laptop. so i removed all this junk, and stuff like date keeper, tempeture update and BS like that that just eats up ram, CPU and bandwith(little though) hey its my network and i aint letting that moron get the whole thing infected.

Grazza said:

Yes, I reckon 99.99% of people hate this crap. The only thing I find more intrusive is junk faxes. That rings your phone and wastes your own paper and ink too.

There are laws similar to anti-spam bills that are currently in the works. And by that same token the DMA is getting involved. The problem is that the fax version was indeed too strong. I work for a research firm where we have to send faxes out to either various doctors, educators, financial people, etc. The original law would have prevented us from doing that because it's technically unsolicited, but the fax is merely an invite to participate in a survey where WE pay YOU to do it, and these lists come from legitimate places. It's all very sketchy right now, and I await to here further news.

But we definitely receive those spam faxes daily.

Searcher said:

Spybot is pretty darn good at blocking this crap, and deleting it if you already have it.

As is using a non-MS browser like Firebird and using Spyware Guard/Blaster used along with spybot S&D.

Spyware will die a horrible death someday.