Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

How you discovered the Doom series? / Your first time playing Doom?

Enjay said:

Alternative question:

Do you remember the first time you answered a question about your earliest doom experience?

13 mins ago.

Enjay said:

Alternative question:

Do you remember the first time you answered a question about your earliest doom experience?

On here? About 13 months ago.

Enjay said:

Alternative question:

Can't remember...it was sooo long ago, and I've done it so many times.

Better yet, I started with wolf3D, and was waiting for doom to come out (which seemed to take forever when your only 14 years old)! When it finally did, I totally became a doom junkie...! And have played it ever since...

My earliest (and first ever) DOOM moment was playing the 32x Version. I'd always die by a lone Baron of Hell in Level 15, but now today, I can defeat him with any weapon, save the pistol, chainsaw and fists (unless berserked).

CacodemonLeader said:

My earliest (and first ever) DOOM moment was playing the 32x Version. I'd always die by a lone Baron of Hell in Level 15, but now today, I can defeat him with any weapon, save the pistol, chainsaw and fists (unless berserked).

OMG HE'S BACK

CacodemonLeader said:

OMFG...

My brother have got doom since 1995, but my first play in doom was in 1996. I was seven years old. I remembered wolfenstein 3d and I was amazed by graphics and souns from PC speaker. This first play. MAP26, skill 1. I killed all monsters by BFG9000. Hehe

When you played first time doom?

Long ago. By the way, welcome to the forum but try to read through it for a while before posting your own threads. This subject has been put up a few times already in the last month or so.

1. Doom posts go in the Doom forum
2. We have a discussion about it in Doom general

Imp said:

OW please dont hurt me

/me points his shotgun at Imp's chest
:)

The first time I played "DOOM" was in Middle School, another guy I knew in school was playing it & it looked really fun, so he let me try it....and I've liked it ever since!!!!:)

Demons Hand said:

We should post hell one of these threads thers no need for 2 of them.

Heh, the royal 'We'.

For honest Doom threads I consider merging a better tactic. Post Hell is for bad stuff.

Ta Da. Done.

um due to several things about my charecter as a young boy my parents got the bloodiest game on the market that they were hearing so much about from news articles, (mostly stareting with the words "UNSPEAKIBLE" and "HORROR") to appease a very bloodthirsty infent back in 1993.

By the way am i the only person thats played the game so much that the sounds of monster howls and gunshots still ring in your ears at night?

Black Hand said:

By the way am i the only person thats played the game so much that the sounds of monster howls and gunshots still ring in your ears at night?

Nope. I strafe around corners IRL.

Black Hand said:

I walk around with things in my hands like a gun or just as my hands like the DoomGuy and bob them from side to side and do the facial expressions, and the sounds. :D

Hmmm, I played Doom a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away... where no man has gone before...

I think in 5th grade I played it first- four-five years ago, about the time when this page was made- badang sweet.

I play Doom alot, but have now noticed I've never played it all the way through(play custom levels from the internet alot)- so I'm playing it through now. I played it for 4 hours straight, when I got off my computer the room was spinning and arachnotrons were blazing in my ears. I've slowed down since then- healthier Dooming in small quantities... in theory...

I worship Doom because of what it did for me. The first time I played Doom was when I went over to my best friend's house and saw Doom2- it had probably been out a full year, but up to that point I hadn't noticed, being that I had no experience with computer games and really didn't care about them. Once I saw that game I was hooked. I had to play it, dominate it, manipulate it, and forge it into the ultimate expression of my soul. After becoming skilled at map making (though I keep putting off public releases) I decided to go to college and major in video game design. I'm now a freshman in the perfect school for me, doing what I love- and I owe it all to Doom.