Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

What is the Doom BFG9000?

Ah right, i thought up a gun called the 'viper' that did that once, well i was messing about with a cheat system (like gameshark, but whatever they where called in britain) and Lifeforce tenka on the playstation, and we found a way to mess up the gun and make it 're-form' into random shapes, and the look of the viper was what resulted XD, i thought up the sound wave idea from something else..maybe one day i could make the viper as a weapons patch for doom

I would say that the BFG actually launches an expanding wave of electromagnetically-propelled plasma that simply mows down anything in its path, and dissapates after a certain range (due to energy expenditure and the cohesion of the plasma). You simply get the "ball + multiple impacts" effect because that was the easiest way to render it in the Doom engine. :)

The plasma rifle is probably equivalent to a souped-up arc welder.

Scuba Steve said:

Mission Imp-possible

"Good title!" -- William Shakespeare (Shakespeare in Love)

Julian said:

"Good title!" -- William Shakespeare (Shakespeare in Love)

/fires BFG at Jullian for quoting Shakespeare and burned his already melted corpse into ash.

Now that Jullian is dead, no more Shakespeare crap...

Scuba Steve said:

You'll get to see some Beta or Alpha versions of the BFG in my final Masterpiece, Mission Imp-possible

Heh, Sarge came up with the name "Imp-ossible" once. He also came up with "Satyrday," and we were going to make that into a mod where we put hooves and horns on EVERY SINGLE GRAPHIC in Doom, and then release it. Of course, we never got around to it...

Dunbar said:

Then why don't lakes of nukage erupt into blazing pillars of flame?

Heh, that'd be cool. Group of demons (or DM opponents) are coming towards you over nukage, you "light the fuse", and wackiness ensues.

The title is a bit misleading. It's actually a huge undertaking with tons of new graphics, and there isn't any imp sex in it.

it shoots green acidic globs of jello. it sticks to you, and spalshes all over teh place. so if you get jello on you, your screwed!!!

brb, i gotta go poop, then go to school.

Heh, that's exactly how that Biorifle works in Unreal (even down to the green Jello).

yeah, but in the bfg, it flies an teleports. bfg stands for big fucking jello glob. wihtough the j. o yeah, 9000 refers to the ammount of boxes of jelatine or a certain amount of eel bones you need to actually form the jello.

Vile said:

You can't try to explain magical video game physics with real physics.

Carmack's Law states that the BFG works just because the engine can handle it.

That's a good one...